Jet spud 12s3p MAD HUBS

Yeah two and the current bms would definitely be too big. I was thinking have the connectors for these to be able to fit to the enclosure from an outside port.

I could maybe modify the layout a bit to try to fit a bigger bms, but if there’s a way to keep it as is I’d prefer it.

N make sure they don’t just drain ur cells to nought w a bad one before u assume all good

1 Like

Yuu could add a cheap balance board US $7.98 | 10S 4.2v li-ion balancer board li-ion balancing full charge battery balance board

And they work independently from how high is the charge current?

Those things you can balance off the board are nice n just need the two 6s plugs. Gives u room. Less things to break. Cheap. Can be aware of what’s happening. I’m hooked

1 Like

entirely. this is how the balance function works on most bms’s, just usually its all physically integrated. The balancing circuit checks if the voltage is over 4.2, and if it is, it’ll let current through the resistors to drain the excess energy. Even on the d140 the balancing current is relatively low due to thermal limits, but near the end of the charge cycle, the charge current drops significantly anyways.

1 Like

That could be an option if I can locate a small enough 12s version. My enclosure is pretty packed tight with the antispark switch.

any space above the bms? just need a couple mm, since both can fit in the 503 footprint.

I’ve got a 13s version I’ll bring u if u want it. I owe u that at least. Just omit the last

1 Like

Wow that would be awesome thanks. So I just leave off the last wire and it becomes a 12s?

Yea. Give me a day or two to pick it up from @evoheyax house. Probably today since dry. And dm me ur address again n I’ll put it in ur mailbox. Need go for a ride anyway all hopped up on coffee. My big brown spot is all over the forum as a result

2 Likes

I’m actually gone until February. I can meet up with you when I get back unless you can mail it to me in West Hollywood or are going to the Barrett Juntion race on the 19th.

1 Like

Could maybe give it to someone going. @evoheyax ? Don’t knoe if anyone else from sf is. I think something is happening here the same date

Sexy build ! Very classy man ! :sparkles: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t trust those balance things. It unbalanced and killed a few p’s and mixed voltages up (they were all new cells, never charged, near perfect balance). But that was my experience, I wish you GL as it would be the ideal solution.

2 Likes

Right it seems to be one of the best options unless I can find a reasonably priced 12s charger that balances or a small enough 12s balance chip. Hopefully I get more of the experience Hummie has had with them.

I never ran them and just going off his word. Killed his battery. But who knows and he kills everything. Just be sure to check it’s doing what supposed to before u assume.

1 Like

Getting bad wheel bite with this setup. I already had to add a half inch riser to the surfrodz just to even it out with the mad hubs truck. I’m probably going to have to change the front truck. What did you use and did you need risers?

I use normal Paris truck. I have risers though. I design front and back to follow the spud shape and host a 3mm shock pad Skateboard Risers Spud found on #Thingiverse https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2867604. Like for boosted board. Never had wheel bite. Probably is your front truck the problem.

1 Like

I’m on 1/2" riser with calibers+predatorboard hubs, 90mm.

1 Like