Jet spud 12s3p MAD HUBS

I am curious to know how it rides at 12s, did you manage to test the board?

Hey what’s up man. Yes the board is super powerful with 12s. I have to be careful sometime not to get thrown straight. Awesome setup. Took care of the wheelbite with the Paris trucks.

Thanks for everything bud

2 Likes

Great! I am also curious to try them out. I have almost finish the direct drive conversion IMG_20190120_165250 IMG_20190120_164927 IMG_20190120_165209.

I hope it will work well :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Wow. Amazing. Looking forward to seeing how that setup performs. It’ll be great to be able to fit full urethane wheels to these.

2 Likes

Yep thst the idea. The only downside that due to the motor size for clearance you need to use >97mm wheels. I am not a big fun. For me 90mm is plenty. Low ride board are more stable.

If you have some riding data, please post it :grin:

Holy extra long thin axle.

1 Like

No no I still have to cut it. The 8mm axle would be only for like 3 cm. All the rest is stain steel adapter 12mm…would be better to have just a long 12mm axle but I wanted to make a conversion kit and still be able to come back. If I want to use 12mm axle whole the way I have to drill the motor and then no conversion anymore. Moroever the motor can would sorround the 8mm axle part. I hope it’s enough. We’ll see it. The other DD I am making is from scratch and that is all the way thicker axle

I’m confused. If ur adding something on top of the 8mm wont the junction between it n the hanger be a leverage point? Curious to see it

Yes but this hubs are made that basicaly they hold themself at the start and the end. So basically I am using this fact to make a axle adapter where the joint is supported by the motor can. It is for sure the weaker point. I am not sure it will work. If not then I will probably drill the motor and make it simpler.

1 Like

Ehi man! Did you get the nut? I started to ride them at 12s. I find it quite challenging to stay on the board compare to my precious motors and I had to move to 97mm, which I don’t like since you are higher from the ground. They are strong!

Hey thanks for sending it or so quick. I just got an email from my mail company saying it arrived. It’ll be a while until I get to ride because it’s supposed to rain here for the next foreseeable future. When I first tested, I felt like I was going to fly off when accelerating. That was on 50 degree front trucks. I have some 43 degree that I plan to switch to.

Good, that was fast! Yeh I think that 12s3p and MAD hubs are a bit overkill on a short spud. I am used to speed and already got to above 50kmh. What surprise me is the constant acceleration that above 40kmh start to be too much and even if I lend forward I feel the board trying to push me back. Never felt like thst before. I have 97mm wheels so even less torque. I will probably move to 90mm to reduce a bit the insane speed and get more stability.

I don’t know if I’m willing to accept that 10s was plenty. I spent alll this time building a custom 12s pack. But yeah maybe a little much for a 29 inch deck.

I had 10s with other motors and moved to 12s. Maybe with this motors is a bit toonmuch but why not!

Well I took it on vacation with me and about 7 miles in it shit off giving an undervoltage error at 7.8V. At first I thought it was a battery issue but when I was able to get home to take it apart I found out it was the switch.

I don’t know what happened. I went over a huge amount of bumps in the road and then it just shut off. Battery still works, but switch isn’t working at all anymore. It doesn’t look like anything rattled loose and I wasn’t pulling that many amps.

1 Like

12s man. Classic switchs doesn’t like it. At 12s unity or loop key if you want to be safe.

2 Likes

Damn. That’s the third one I’ve busted now with 12s. Loop key would just make this sleek little spud ugly

1 Like

There are loop keys that look OK. Check @Deckoz 's loop key in the 13s5p EVO monster he made. Otherwise go with unity. You save a lot of space, bluetooth and switch are integrated.

1 Like

Yeah it blew on my 4wd as well when I was messing with the internal bms switch on my phone app. The difference is that switch always stays on now (unless I disable it through the app) and the spud switch (push to start) just won’t work at all. It’s just strange that it happened right after I went over some crazy road bumps

Damn the unity wouldn’t come until end of June if ordered now. So many roadblocks stopping me from riding this build

1 Like

That sucks. Maybe someone wants to sell their unity. I saw some posts about it. @pookybear in case you don’t want one of your unity maybe he can take it. I think in your case @Chase, since you want a stealth build and with 12s3p is fully crowded inside the enclosure, you will gain a lot of space with it.

1 Like