Jet Spud 29" enclosure

“I found a layout where I could mount a 10s4p with dual Focbox and BMS on inwards motor mounting on a slim enclosure. This is going to be sick.”

Let me know when you’re done. I want it!!!

1 Like

What is the general timeline for these @Eboosted?

1 Like

Next weekend will be ready to ship.

However, I might go crazy and install a heatsink and fiberglass motor wire covers

3 Likes

Shit, @mmaner do you want one of these? I am thinking about grabbing one, you down too?

1 Like

I’m down, I like to try everything I can :smile:.

1 Like

Maybe @eboosted and I can work something out as well so I can sell and ship them with Spuds

Would be easier for him because it’s less to drop ship and easier for the customer because they only have to order / get a shipment from one place. Seems like a win win to me

11 Likes

That sounds pretty good to me.

Let’s chat over whatsapp :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Me my self using vruzend v2 for this spud deck, for 10s2p 2rows it almost as wide as the deck. If you want thinner enclosure you can not stack the bms on top of the vruzend kit, so the longer side of the enclosure need to be configure also, a bit tricky using this vruzend kit since it took a lot of spaces on this short deck. I’ll be posting my built thread later (for your reference) maybe could help. I will consider @Eboosted enclosure without vruzend kit for more sleek look for this deck if i do spot welding my pack. :blush:

VRUZEND is not a good idea on this deck.

Yea i realize that, since i don’t have a spot welder for now and working for my 1st built i don’t want to spent my budget on that (for now). Anyway i’m 3d printed my enclosure and the shape similiar to yours. I think that shape is great for the spud, nice work.

This is my design to fit a Space Cell v4 + 12s BMS + 2xFOCBOX + AntisPark all together.

Below the FOCBOX case I plan to place the Antispark + the wirings so it goes up to expose the fins out of the enclosure.

I feel is still a bit longer than it should (it takes some space of the wheelbite marks on the deck) but… I don’t see any other way of doing it.

@Eboosted do you think all these shit will fit within any of your enclosures? No way, right? :slight_smile:

Man that’s big. Make sure you want have problem when turning. 8f you see the enclosure I made it really take all the space between the wheels without reach the cut outs for the wheels. I agree that with a big bms is impossibile to fit everything in a small enclosure.

1 Like

I’m sorry to say but no enclosure will fit all that at least not in the layout you went with.

I’m making a dual layer enclosure so you could fit double stacked cells on one side and BMS, electronics and focboxes on the other side, this way you could have mounting flares

1 Like

Will there be a significant gap if the enclosure is designed to accommodate inward facing motors if the build uses hubs?

@mikenyc it would be unnoticeable

1 Like

Got some Elho Barcelona plants plate (here the 50cm, I got the 45cm one) and it fits perfectly my Space Cell 10s4p, so thinking about stacking 2 together with a separator in between then wrap it all in fiberglass:

No more wheelbite issues, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

Might give you some layout ideas :slight_smile:

1 Like

Slowly shaping the enclosure on the front in order to have more room for big wheels

The rear will have wire covers on each side of the base plate for dual ESCs

Final enclosure could be ready this weekend

13 Likes

Nice can’t Waite to have it… on this will I be able to double stack a battery… or this is the slim one

What’s the total length and width (curious if it can be used on other small decks that have a kicktail)?

This is the slim one, the double stacked one, will be ready next weekend.

1 Like