Kushboard | Dual 6355 | 10s4p 30Q | Janux Drive | Boas | DIY Enclosure

For the batteries? I believe single.

yea there is no way in hell thats gonna fit

1 Like

That’s a shame. Oh well, i guess that can be used again if i were to build another board in future with smaller electronics.

Do you think the Eboosted one will be able to fit? From the pictures he posted it seems quite large in capacity.

A small update, the enclosure came and the battery pack just fits nicely, hopefully it has enough space to fit two VESCs and the rest.

So far i have the Enclosure, On/off switch Battery pack + BMS Charging port Battery indicator

For the battery indicator, is it okay to solder the connections like this? (2nd image)

!

2 Likes

Update! I have everything except the remote!

I would like to clarify something. Do i need a male to male servo connector? I believe i ordered it but unfortunately it was mistakenly overlooked. If so, may i know what is it for and how many do i need?

1 Like

Yes you’ll need one to go from the master VESC to your receiver.

1 Like

I see, thank you! I thought i had to get two to connect both VESCs to the receiver.

I’m not sure why but after wiring and soldering everything, the on switch turns on as well as the battery indicator, but the screen is just blue. I connected the battery indicator to the >> Out of the power switch. Anyone able to help me out?

1 Like

Okay, been busy with building this thing so there was a lack of posts. Turns out the blank screen for the indicator was due to static damage of some sort, ordered a new one and it’s on the way. I’ve installed majority of things and i’m now programming and setting the things on VESC Tool.

I had a problem with one of the VESCs connecting to the computer, and after meddling with it, turns out it was the sensor wire from one of the motors that was interfering with the connection. (it connected to the computer after i pulled the sensor wires apart) I’m contacting TorqueBoards to see if i’m able to get a replacement motor.

As for a rubber seal for the enclosure, i got one of those door/window rubber seals. It has a D shape, and the middle is hollow. I wanted it to be a bit thicker as my battery is just barely touching the deck, so i filled the inside of the rubber tubes with silicone.

Now, programming the throttle curve on VESC tool. You can see the big problem there. The future me knows, the 7am me didn’t.

The throttle curve for the acceleration was somewhat correct, kinda smooth. The brake was a HARD BRAKE. The curve should’ve been a concave droop. I’ll fix that later on. I did a test ride downstairs of my apartment and it was nice and smooth. I then tried riding it to work…

The motor mount came loose halfway to work, and there were no bus stops unless i walk 20 mins. So i did the walk of shame in the hot sun, carrying a 7-ish kilo board to the nearest bus stop.

Came to work, and cable tied the two motor mounts, because they came loose and were slanting outwards. It’s temporary, i just want to hold everything together. I won’t be riding with a cable tie so close to the motors.

Nonetheless, other than fixing the motor mounts and setting some preferences on the VESC, i think we can call it done!

WRONG!

I drilled and installed threaded inserts on my deck, and a good amount of them were not straight. It’s bad. In turn, a lot of my bolts did not line up and i wasn’t able to bolt all 10 of them. In this case, i’ve come so far, i’d just go all the way and do it right. I looked up some downhill decks and spotted one deck that really stood out for me. A fishtail looking deck that is GREEN.

It’s 38 inches in length, or 95cm, and 10 inches wide, or 25cm.

https://www.sickboards.nl/vsechny-desky/5659-kebbek-rockin-rookie-deck-only.html

I’ve been thinking of getting a smaller deck but after riding it halfway to work, i find my Leafboard to be better at tight corners and small pavements so i’ll stick to using that for work commute. I will be using this DIY board for bigger park connectors and longer cruises, so a nice 38 inch downhill deck will be good for this.

More to follow.

2 Likes

I changed the motor mounts as the clamp system was not good and dug into the truck hangar quite a bit.

Scars of the truck :pensive:

Well, i’ve been reading and heard the buzz of IDLER PULLEYS. Thanks @marcmt88!

I primed it hammer black to match everything else

Currently installing the mount, it seems the motor shaft is a little too long so i’ll have to cut it shorter by 6mm or so. Or perhaps there’s another way around it where i don’t have to cut it? Do let me know if there are.

8 Likes

Love the paint job :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Glad i went with the black! Do ya think it’s a good idea to cut the motor shaft shorter to fit the belt cover?

1 Like

I was thinking of drilling a small hole in the motor pulley cover for the shaft to go through if it doesn’t fit, so I’m interested to see what people suggest as well

I would drill a hole in the pulley cover for the thru motor shaft.

1 Like

Update, i decided to cut the motor shaft down, did it with an angle grinder and a disc sander to get it nice and flat.

Fits nicely!

I also got some nice foam with an adhesive, lined up the enclosure real nice.

5 Likes

Those mounts painted black look nice!

Do you have anything securing that Keyway into place? It looks as if it could slide out, cutting into the pulley cover

1 Like

A vesc better than FB is a Vesc6 :smiley:

1 Like

I glued the keyway to the shaft with 24 hr epoxy. It should hold, i hope!

What about the ESCape? I’ve been reading up on that too, and it seems promising.

Id like to buy 2 of those but there arent any for sale ATM steewi is planning a production, hopefully soon.

2 Likes