Landyatchz Evo Falcon FirstBuild

With so many option out there it’s easy to change your mind and hard to keep to a decision. Don’t think there’s the perfect board out there yet or ever will be, what one person likes another may not. Don’t rush in to things and take in the advice you get and sift through that. In the end it will be your decision and even then nothing is set in stone and you can change or modify later. I’m back at home for a week so will check out some of this thread and what your looking at doing.

Get your enclosure. Then talk to Mark about batteries. :joy:

Ahhhh, so hard.thansk for the tip. I AM SUCH A NOOB

1 Like

Evo 39 is too big for you. Get the falcon then keep the battery to 10s and talk to tiller about the enclosure. Get @moone to do it for you if he will. The 39 is heavy and to turn it you will need it loosey goosey and then a 12s battery will put you in a ditch. 10s and easy settings on a falcon.

2 Likes

Just come over with your mum and try my board.

@dareno any other board suggestions for the little dude. Do your sons get on the skateboards?

They are a downhill beast. My youngest loves my arbour. He doesn’t skate so he loves the stability. Feels safer on that than anything else and he can still turn it, I’m thinking more along the lines of a sector 9 bintang which is a similar shape. 10s though. He rides scooters to a level I can only gasp at and I will not let him near the 12s.

I know how to ride a normal skateboard, but I wouldn’t say i ‘skate’

@dareno what would be the range of a 10s4p compared to a 10s5p?

I went for the evo because I loved the deck and enclosure combo but it really is not the most manoeuvrable deck out there even for me who is a great big heavy old git. I think the guys were unaware of your age and size. You want to be able to turn and have some fun, slides and stuff. Get something carvy. You will enjoy it more.

For you not worth the extra weight and size. Keep the thing light and small as you can. Build for you, as you are now and not what you see on here because we are mostly full grown and a hell of a lot heavier than you. Grab a sector 9 and An @Eboosted enclosure and build a beautiful thing that will be better for you. Hold on I’ll call alan for you

2 Likes

I was thinking a 10s4p with a built in BMS, Meter, charging port, on/off switch

1 Like

Let Mark do the battery and stop over thinking it. You get the running gear together. Nice drive set up and deck etc. Going for the tb set up cool. Late to the party but do you really want forward mount?

I would obviously love a forward mount, but if i have to pay an extra $50 for it, no.

@moone said it could easily be done with risers and wedges?

1 Like

I never said easily!!! :joy::joy:

But yes it has been done. It will be easy for you cause i told you how.

I mean motors out the back or under the deck? If I were you I would go drop through reverse motors and keep that thing low as you can. Just like the darth maul. The lower the deck the more stable you’ll be and the more able to sling that thing around and trust me thats what you will be wanting. Slides and hard carves. If you go the evo route you will end up with a board that is great for straight line speed.

I would rather Under the deck, away and hidden. I want a cruise deck, nice for carving but good for high speed. Is the darth maul good at speed, it looks like a beast. I can’t really get a drop though trucks because I am getting the TB dual motor mechanical kit which has included trucks, I want the bundle because i know i am not forgetting anything. To be honest, i don’t really know how drop though trucks work, is there a piece that goes on top that could be attached to the TB trucks? Also, what deck is the Darth Maul?

Same trucks just mounted differently dude

you tell me. Its a sector 9 bintang. great deck

This is not mine dude. This is eboosteds build. You can get them from board store or any good skate shop. They’ll order it for you.

sweet :metal: and what was that arbour board you were talking about earlier?