LHB & NGV: Sword Board

i suppose i was referring to the choice between melting a couple of motors vs over-charging the battery as a good choice. But now that i’m thinking about it… maybe it would be better if the battery overcharged… at least the wheels wouldn’t have a risk of locking up… the heat build up would likely blow some traces since if you used a heavier silicone phase lead it could transmit and sink more heat from the motor, and you could also sink more heat from the motors by htermally coupling them to the truck hanger… shit enertion has fins in thier truck hangers.

i don’t know man… it’s really a game of pick your favorite failure at this point.

i’d actually like to see a resistor sunk into the hanger to dump the braking current to, anything over 10 amps gets shunted over and dissipated as heat. Say we did that, what negative side effects could be expected aside from cooking bugs?

1 Like

It was 44mph on the Radar gun here is a better angle.

4 Likes

its a side topic but can someone quickly explain how the vesc or other escs get rid of all the energy when braking? the vesc will get maybe 40% regen so where’s the rest of the energy going other than the battery? that’s a lot of energy.

Amen. Do 60mp//h on a normal gravity set up. Realise how much windforce you have to account for and counter.

Then starts the fun part, can you stop at 60? Can you controle your line? Do you have savety precautions (walkies with people spotting the street).

60Mph is no joke. Rarely you get the opportuity and the state of mind to do it, in my case anyway.

I mean this is a little over 50 and not many I know enjoy or even dare that speed.

So building 60mp/h boards sure if you got leathers, full face and years of propper downhill experience.

3 Likes

i’m fairly certain that its heat which is why i’m thinking of ways to sink everything, even the wires.

There i go not bragging again.

2 Likes

The breaking in e-boards is regenerative breaking, basically you are charging battery - so breaking harder means transfering more energi to the battery. How much energy is regenerated is controlled by PWM on esc. The problem that we noticed was that small movement of brake trigger on remote actually engaged the brakes too much, they were very difficult to control, so we decided to only brake on rear wheels…

2 Likes

roughly 40% i thought I saw on the logging. what is it or what does it average out to be? is it more in different situations?

man… its just soooooo much energy… if you really think about what’s going on there… i mean… damn.

We need some kind of braking energy diversion system, some kind of switch that can dump the load into the destination of your choice, either charging a buffer pack or a fat resistor or something.

3 Likes

Why do you think it is 40%?

roughly 40% i thought i saw in logging. what is it and does it depend?

Glad 2 see NGV here, engaging in conversation. It’s clear you guys are serious about your product… Hope to see Jeremy Bowers get track racing started in Australia as we hope to see grow here in the US. NGV you should really consider sending @michichopf a demo board for you guys in Europe. Not only is he capable, he is well respected both in the DH ranks and the E-sk8 community. His group has the safety gear and awareness to properly qualify your board as well as give solid feedback which is more valuable than any engineering team. Sorry @michichopf if I have overstepped but that is what Regionally makes the most sense for NGV.

8 Likes

Why not STF up and do everything you say you can do? The only thing solid I see from your camp is HYPE.

6 Likes

http://esk8builds.com/photo/view/?id=97

4 Likes

bro… choking on my blunt here… lol

8 Likes

Not at all. Happy to shred everything to the limit. A big plus is also that 4 top 50 IDF riders are locals, one of them being Patrick Schwitzer (world champion). I am sure I can get them on the board for other inputs and skilled gunea pigs :wink:

8 Likes

The record stands because you need funding to beat it officially. And there’s not a huge market for boards that fast.

3 Likes

Evoheyax if you can’t figure this part out you shouldn’t be riding in the first place…

Really…I mean, really? When grown ass men start throwing middle school insults around because they cant come up with anything of value to say, its a little sad.

4 Likes

But but but, There’s the video of our wheels falling off!!!

5 Likes