LITTLE BRO | Trampa HS11 Deck | ETOXX Mini Direct Drive 1:4 | Trampa 6.5" AT with Superstar Hubs | Vertigo trucks | APS 6374 170KV Dual | Dual VESC6 | 12S4P Sony VTC 3120mAh

Solder iron set to max and solder not liquifying after staying in solder for 15 seconds? And I can feel the heat from the solder iron?

It can take awhile if your soldering iron thermal capacity is small… Better get a “huge” soldering iron…

Think I’m getting the hang of it :pray:t3::grin:

2 Likes

the extra flux worked a treat, the soldering was so much better and cleaner. cheers

1 Like

What is a good solder iron to buy ?

Another issue regarding some XT90 female connectors I received.

Can anyone tell me how I’m supposed to solder AWG wire to these with sealed ends?

Have I missed something? Are there different model XT90 female connectors ?

More help would be greatly appreciated ?

1 Like

Those looks like they’re designed to be mounted onto a PCB. Regular XT90 have semi circular ring coming out to solder to.

yep, just realised. No worries. Ive ordered correct ones from Hobbyking. Its all part of the learning process😂

1 Like

Battery almost complete, waiting on extra wire as the balance wires that came with the BMS are too short. Almost there!

1 Like

You have two cables at the bottom too? Photos cut off a bit

No just the one, should I add another to distribute the current better?

Yeah you want two as the lower guage wires carry less current which is why you use two between all the other cell blocks.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip Jonathan. Will add :+1:

Guys, have 3 pins on my charge port. From my research the L shaped pin closest in the photo is for the negative wire. But can anyone advise which of the other 2 to connect the positive lead? And also is 22AWG wire sufficient to use? Cheers

1 Like

That depends on your charger but most chargers have inside plus and outside minus, look at your charger it should be printed on the bottom (the sign in the top left corner of my pic). If it looks like that then the “L shaped” is plus (middle pin). On my charge ports (which look exactly the same as yours) the third pin has no connection. I use 6 of them with different chargers and the polarity is always as shown on the pic.

But you could use a multimeter before connecting to get 100% sure. Plug your charger in the charge port and measure the voltage on the two pins. If there is a minus before on the display you have to swap plus and minus.

If you don’t charge above 4-5A it should be enough.

1 Like

Hey Rich, thanks for advice. I took the reading with the multimeter and got the minus reading so assume my charge port would be opposite to your photo? Checked the charger itself and didn’t have that diagram either.

2 Likes

Interesting, so when you measure it the opposite way (L shape is minus on multimeter) you get a voltage without the minus, right? If yes then this is the correct way to connect (like you said opposite to mine) and you are safe :grin:

Correct, when I measure the other opposite way it come up as a positive on the multimeter. Thanks again Rich :+1:

1 Like

Yep you’ve got reversed polarity if a minus reading, fix that and you’re good.

You’re doing great and it’s really coming along :slight_smile:

1 Like

cheers dude, would of been further along but waiting on a couple of extras that was not foreseen before I started the build, but getting close to the finishing line :+1: