LITTLE BRO | Trampa HS11 Deck | ETOXX Mini Direct Drive 1:4 | Trampa 6.5" AT with Superstar Hubs | Vertigo trucks | APS 6374 170KV Dual | Dual VESC6 | 12S4P Sony VTC 3120mAh

Hey folks, attaching this diagram on wiring up an APS Alien motor HALL sensor. The motors I received came with 4 pin JST plug, which does not fit to the Vedder ESC 6 pin sensor port. So Bruno at Alien kindly sent this over to me. Probably not needed for the DIY gurus but thought it might come in handy to any novice builders out there.

Quick question guys. Battery is complete, BMS balance wires done. The negative lead to the B- on the BMS. Do I use the same size wire 22AWG as the balance leads or the thicker wire, like the positive and negative wires coming off the ends of the battery?

more photos of build coming up tomorrow morning. cheers

Quick update

Battery complete. To be connected to bms. Wiring from dual VESC to anti spark and battery indicator completed.

Working on connecting charge port with BMS wiring this afternoon.

2 Likes

Getting there!

3 Likes

what are those pcb’s you are using on yhe battery cells? whats their purpose? link?

Using them to link cells as have a Flexi deck so cannot make a solid state battery. Using them to solder AWG to link cells.

https://shop.3dservisas.eu/collections/pcb

thanks - how many amps are they good for ?

COOL build! Just a tip, try to keep the wires from the battery to the esc as short as possible, long wires can induce higher voltage spikes when your on / off throttle and brakes which is hard on the esc.

Good work on getting the soldering done with such a small iron, generally people use ones with more thermal mass or more power for the heavy wires. One way I find helps is to try to pre heat the wire before bringing the two parts together. Also pre tin both sides.

You have lived in the the french alps for 10 years that is super cool, can I ask what kind of work you do there?

Motors are not that sensitive to voltage, they only don’t like getting too hot which is mostly related to load and amps. So if your way over the suggested voltage you can reduce the load by using a lower gear ratio etc. So long as your not overheating them 12-14s for low kv motors is fine.

1 Like

Cheers due.

Yeah tried to make as short as possible but was having issues with that crappy soldering iron so had a bit of leeway. Anyway, I’ve gotten rid of that soldering iron and invested in a more powerful one with great results and a lot easier to solder with. But like you said, tinning the wire ends helps massively.

I’ve got everything in place. The battery is complete, bar the sparking mishap yesterday due to incorrect wiring on a port with 3 pins. Ive ordered a charge port with just the 2 pins this time to make doubly sure theres no cockup again even though I was pretty sure the wiring was correct after double and triple checking with various sources on here, so I suspect there was something wrong with the charge port itself.

Anyway, that arrives tomorrow, Today I am linking the motor sensor wires up to the my VESCS and should be ready to programme them tomorrow, fingers crossed.

I won’t be gunning it, more like to cruise and carve, like my pow days in the mountains.

So I originally was working in finance across the border in Geneva, Switzerland. Next year I’m building a chalet to run as a business. :grin:

imageimageimageimage

Waiting on charger to arrive then VESC setup. Almost there!

10 Likes

Love your red wire sleevings

Thanks Alan, Inspiration from your builds :grin: I’ve finally receive my new charger, so will charge up and hopefully be up and running tomorrow. Will post pics of the final build this weekend

1 Like

Some topic undiging Sweet and nice, any final pics and thoughts ?

@Dook Yeah Brother is she alive now ? :smiley: