First problem: the Paris hangers are not cylindrical, causing the motor mounts to diverge.
After asking for advice on the other forum, I decided to modify them.
I wish I had access to a lathe but I made do with what I have.
I put the hanger into a drill press and added a wheel at the bottom to stabilize the whole thing. Weird, even new hangers have bent axles.
I then carefully filed away ath the rotating hanger until my washer (you can see it on the wheel) went all the way over.
After some light polishing this is the end result:
I transplanted the Paris hangers to the Randall baseplates on my Dervish and I kept the conical Randall bushings, which I really like. No noticable difference in handling with the slightly wider hangers.
I left the baseplates on because I’m too lazy to remove them, I had already countersunk them, and they’ve acquired a very nice patina over the years:
With the modified hangers the motor mount flange is now perfectly perpendicular to the axle:
Contrary to some folks I’m really not interested in the aesthetics, as long as the board shreds. This is my trusty Dervish, I can say we’ve both been around the block a few times.
I’m waiting for motors, and then I’ll decide if I’ll keep them inboard or go outboard to the back. The dropthrough deck doesn’t allow that much clearance so I think out to the back will be my best bet.