Loaded Vanguard, Caliber II 44, Custom 10S4P, 3D printed Enclosure, ABEC 11 97mm 75A

Ah that makes more sense! What about sensor wires? What gauge phase wires are you using for it? :smile:

Does anybody make a belt cover that would be screwed onto the motor mount over the motor pulley? Something similar to what Boosted or Evolve uses over the pulley? It wouldn’t be too complicated of a part at all, literally just a plastic piece that screws into a hole on the motor mount.

Also, I’m loving the build and the tips. Will make my vanguard build a lot easier with the help. Looking forward to seeing it completed!

1 Like

@jackw no sensor wires; I could add this, but to be honest with a VESC there’s no need of sensors. you can use 12 AWG or 10AWG;

@grovestreetparty yeah, I got one designed for my mounts, still need to print it; but they are ready to host it

1 Like

There are several iterations on thingverse that you can 3D print.

1 Like

Got the battery enclosure printed in 3D, tomorrow I’ll work on the finish, it seems needs a lot of it, then I’ll paint it with a rugged matte black finish and report back.

6 Likes

This is looking awesome.

I’m still not sure how you wire up with that riser. Maybe you can post some more pics of the top of the deck showing it?

How much did it cost to 3d print the enclosures?

I paid $51 for the battery enclosure and $12 for the ESC enclosure, unfortunately the battery enclosure won’t fit the battery, I’d need to modify it but the enclosure is already too big.

1 Like

It doesnt fit? In which direction dude?

The bottom part of the enclosure does not follow the Vanguard shape at the rear part

The battery is a bit big for the enclosure, I’ll need to make some adaptations or 3D print a new one with a bigger 3D printer, as the one I used was too small and they needed to print it in 4 parts and glue them together later

2 Likes

Today it was holes day.

Holes to run the wires from battery to ESC:

and to hold the VESC enclosure

2 Likes

Hey man. Still trying to figure out how the fit was so wrong on the enclosure. I printed a paper template of the file at 1:1 scale and it fits the curves of my Vangaurd just right! Can you send me real life measurements of the print in the places it doesn’t fit? (Width and height etc) and I’ll check it against mine. Which flex do you have just to check too.

Of course, I’ll do that today.

The battery pack has wires runing on the sides that add some thickness to the pack itself too, being such an exact fitment it decreases the chances of a perfect fit. The printer I used did the enclosure in 4 parts, maybe if you do find a bigger printer it’ll fit better than mine

Is your Vanguard a flex 1 or 2? I believe @Eboosted uses a flex 3…

I posting this on the electric-skateboard.builders @Eboosted said…

Making the grooving for the10AWG wires from battery pack to ESC

6 Likes

Hey @jackw, I’m pretty sure it was the 3D printer job error, the printer was too small and he had to split it in 4 parts and glue them together at the end, he also used 4mm thickness for the job.

My Loaded Vanguard is flex 3 38" long.

I’ll send you the measurements tomorrow but the side of the battery pack hits the inner part of the enclosure, the battery seems to be bigger than was @barajabali and I anticipated

1 Like

Battery is as small as humanly possible lol in terms of our dimensions

3 Likes

Great idea using a dremel to make a channel for the wires.

Whats the name of the tool you are using to make the cuts for the wiring in the board ?

1 Like

A dremel tool?