Loaded Vanguard, Caliber II 44, Custom 10S4P, 3D printed Enclosure, ABEC 11 97mm 75A

here you go : https://www.dremel.com/en_US/products/-/show-product/tools/566-tile-cutting-kit

2 Likes

Simon it’s just a regular Dremel, you can find it on any hardware store worldwide and its pretty cheap

I used the 3D printed enclosure in order to make a fiberglass one with a bit more space in the rear and the top in order to fit my 10S4P, here is the final result:

28 Likes

looks like boosted factory parts, really super clean and professional!’

8 Likes

hey wp, we are going to get our a$$ kicked !!! the DIY scene is getting so much better ! so happy to see such builds.

5 Likes

That came out GREAT dude!

Amazing work. I am impressed.

Are you still doing work on this?

nice enclosure - what vacuum setup did you use?

1 Like

I just came back from vacations and the good thing is as got all the parts, so I’ll finish the build next weekend tops.

I upgraded the trucks from caliber 44 to Ronin cast and I made custom motor mounts for the Ronins.

8 Likes

Love your build! Do you have a blueprint of your custom motor mounts for Ronins?

The mounts for the CRonins were almost impossible manufacture as you can’t adjust how in or out you can mount them, if you push them to the inside the mount hole would need to be wider.

I might need to redo them all over again :sweat:

Hey @Eboosted what screws did you use to mount the battery pack to the bottom of your board?

I used nutserts:

https://www.amazon.com/uxcell-20Pcs-Steel-Insert-Nutsert/dp/B00W8YH62Q/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1489017206&sr=8-4&keywords=nutserts

You want to buy nutserts no longer than the thickness of the board

1 Like

How did you seal up the groove left by the wire?

Also: how deep did you make the groove?

After 3 months designing and fabricating the parts I finished the build today, really happy with the results, very different feeling than the fast/stable Reaper, this board is more a cruiser and comfortable board, easy on your feet but pretty fast as well.

Unfortunately, after the first test one of the motor mounts let the left motor down to the ground, so one of the @torqueboards motors got scratched, I’ll work on the paint as soon as possible.

Finished board:

Ronin motormounts

VESC bent and heat wrapped with bluetooth HM-10 module

Dual vesc enclosure:

Battery, BMS, antispark switch, charger plug and capacity tester enclosure

Here are my other boards and one from a friend

18 Likes

@tim_felbinger you just measure the width of the 12AWG wire and make a groove slightly thicker, use a Dremel tool but if you don’t have it’ll be easier and cheaper to ask a carpenter to make the groove with a router.

1 Like

the enclosure is so sick~~~ i love your board so much. :joy:

2 Likes

I second this

great job man, hope you like riding it! its a lot of great ingredients and really well done! :smiley:

if you got some time and money at your hand, try the larger flex2 vanguard as well! the more wood you got between enclosures, the more natural does the flex feel :heart_eyes:

1 Like