Longboard trucks that's possible to machine

i should be making a set sometime this week, for production. the hardest part (for me atleast) is workholding. the machine I have access to definitely isnt the problem, but holding the odd shape, while milling all sides, and facing is quite a challenge cycle time for me is 20 minutes :relaxed:

I ride Caliber1 hollow TKP on one of my electric boards all the time, and it’s super stable. Though it is set to max-out at 20mph. It’s the Lance Mountain deck

Indeed! Thats why im going with a bit square design so its easier to arrange workholding and probe the part for a cnc novice. Since it’s for production you prolly don’t want to share to much but if you ever post up some project pictures or info please let me know :slight_smile:

nah mine is square too, I have a thread on it, lemme find it

1 Like

Have you thought about milling a jig first that could hold the truck after the basic shape has been milled

That’s what I thought when I saw your model also. Have a look at titans of cnc (if you can survive that guy) and the video where they machine a titanium fotpeg. Some nice workholding tricks there.

I would prolly just make this one for myself so I don’t mind fiddling some with workholding or doing it in a couple more operations than needed.

Why did you go with 10mm axles? Is 8mm prone to breaking on 170-180mm and wider?

1 Like

I decided on 10mm cause 50mm of axle is exposed on mine compared to the normal 35mm on 180mm trucks. they were also designedd to be completely indestructible :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

for workholding ive decided on 3 m6 bolts holding onto a fixture plate. that will let me get it done in 5 operations. if youve got a better idea, im all ears

I’ve watched @mmaner ride TKP’s like a bad man. Sorry to hijack the thread, but now is the time to use that old Indian vs arrow saying hahaha.

1 Like

Got this close before I realized that I should wait to make this before I decide 100% on the front truck :smiley: 100% sure that I have to make the lower part. It’s prolly not going to be better than something you buy but it’s something about DIY also…

Sry about the pic… posted from phone.

you know he has more than 1 board right?

1 Like

Wish I knew about those before. That’s so cool.

Yea, no shit. I ride with him all the time. Imo RKP is better for esk8. Still dont get why or how is deckoz going to educate me lol.

It’s obvious you are just a sour person. I was making a joke and then you tag deckoz asking him to educate me.

You guys are fast shooters. I am still in the final design of my hangers (8-10 months already) :sweat_smile:

Its only obvious to you. You popped in to tell me I was wrong with no evidence to back up your theory, as you obviously didn’t believe me I was pointing you to someone whom you might believe. The fact is TKP’s are great if you build them and ride them correctly. You really should take offense so easily.

4 Likes

Luv my tkp surf rodz. Got another set for the next build.

1 Like

Lol this got out of hand quickly lol.

I think @SORRENTINO was jokingly hating on tkp… As we pretty much all ride RKP here primarily. Don’t think any offense was meant…

1 Like

Is there any rough sketch/explanation of the baseplate out there? I

edit: found a lot of info on the page below but still I have to ask, what’s the normal dimension of the pivot hole on a standard truck with a straight round pin going out from the hanger?

@Alphamail could give you some advice on this matter? With normal, you mean something like a Caliber II truck?

Hey @anon42702729, please explain what advice you are looking for. I scanned the thread and I may have missed what you are referring to except for the reference to pivot cup hole in a base plate