Magharees Grenadier eMTB / 2 X 6374 / 2 X Focbox / 12s6p 30Q

mh but I do understand your point now…

If you use 20A discharge cells and split the whole pack in 2 sides, then you get only about 4P setup with 10S…

Which would be around 36v x 80 A = 2880 W… So about 1400w per motor does not sound bad but probably does not offer the ‘full potential’ motors or esc are capable of.

With your 10s 8p, you should probably achieve the desired 5700W or close to that, so each motor can pull at least 2.350 w or so, which I think is pretty decent and close to the limit anyways to what turnigy usually claims.

If i remember correctly turnigy could output about 60-70A at 36v that would be 2160 - 2520 W. So exactly what you can get from your batteries more or less… Though not sure how often you would see such power demand but still :slight_smile: Extra cooling also might be necessary if you do plan to conquer the hills but that is just a subjective remark I got when I pushed 42A constant through 6374 sized motor and it got quite a bit hot but probably not near the limit.

Hehe, no I meant that I would add an entirely new battery case and more cells, an all day no recharge solution

For now I am stuck with s10p7…that’s what’s in the post :slight_smile:

hah okay… 1.5kg doesnt sound a lot. I think my battery is at 2kg now, even if it has 36cells…

~45g x 36 = 1.620kg

add wires, foam, tape… it might get close to 2kg easly (with box especially)

For 70 cells… you might be looking at something like 3-4kg of battery weight I think.

Better do some squat exercises during waiting for parts and build :sob: All my experience is with snowboards/wakeboards, not sure how it will feel

will probably feel a lot more heavy… and not as ‘smooth’ and silky in steering compared to snowboard… but it is manageable and should still give lots of adrenaline, if youre after that :smiley: while riding just on normal terrain and not on snow or water/air.

U will find out how each terrain feels and when you can and when cannot go fast :smiley:

A side comment I wanted to make:

You will find out that some of the trails /walking paths suck only because you got 4 wheels and 2 wheels might go on grass while 2 go on nice dirt patch of road

FedEx paid me a visit today and didn’t even ask for import duties, not sure how that works but cool! @kdee122 & @Karen_Vanda

Even though it’s a crappy iPhone 5 pic you can still see the quality (ps. love the detail with the cards in the baggies)

Ps. I made a noob move here by ordering cables that are too long.

The quality of the cabling on these VESC is very good /silicone sheathing, I just wish I has asked for the same 5.5mm bullet connectors but within inch from the PCB. Reason: I want to be able to disconnect the VESCs from the motors. Then on the other side of the bullet connectors I will pass each of the phase wires through an IPX68 M12 gland (3mm-6mm cables afaik) to the outside world, et voila a level of water protection, on the other side a Y connector also ordered too frigging long duh, using XT90 connector, again wish I has them close to the PCB. There is two VESCs, so 4 cables exiting the other side, again through glands I have just enough of them.

I will trim the cables that are attached to the motors back down to the last inch and I guess I am going to solder and shrink wap there. some 10AWG wire back to the 5.5 gold plated bullet connectors inside the enclosure

1 Like

Will have to think about VESC enclosure again, although size could probably work if you were bloody minded enough with some extreme realignment of the connectors and PWM, risking a short seems a bit daft.

If you’re wondering what the thingy is between thing it’s a motorbike bluetooth headset module UCLEAR 100, I’m not going to use it at all, just a standing for a controller receiver size-wise which I don’t have yet, I jumped in on the Nano v2 group buy

1 Like

you should think about a capacitor upgrade. The one you got is from one of the earlier Vesc-Versions, which killed a lot of DRVs. So it´s safer to add a few caps in parallel to get rid of these problems. Also try to keep your motor wires as short as possible, these are huuuuuuuuge :smiley:

Thanks for the tips I had no idea about that problem, I’ll have to research what’s needed there, the cables will be visiting Mr Choppy

Cheers

1 Like

Welcome to Ireland you sexy Dutch-Japanese bitches

6 Likes

glad you like it.

Yeah it’s nicely made but shame about the capacitors, probably not in the vedder design spec so you get a pass :wink:

the real world(community) say it’s a problem running just that one cap and I’ve since found the posts so will be making a mod before fitment cheers

1 Like

The pack build is killing my hands since I’m making lower resistance 1mm silver-plated beryillium copper springs with a pair of needle nose pliers, and fitting brass cheese head bolts, nuts for strength and copper washers for low resistance, both my first and last time doing that, overkill, expensive time-killer!

More on this modhousen to come

I received in the 2nd amazon enclosure choice today for the cells and did a little test for, seems ok but will have to dremmel off the structural ribs on the bottom to get clearance for 10s7p

2 Likes

I’m kind of meh about the box after seeing some nice enclosures here adapted from the diving / survival world, not sure maybe I will give it some love, the one plus is that you have IP rated weatherproofing for your cable management , out of the box (sorry).

She’s a big girl measuring 30cm X 22cm external, height not sure but just about clear the vruzend cap if in between ribs, so probably about 12.5cm, what that all is in inches no fuckin idea

I could maybe form a window in acrylic on top or sumthin

Here’s another enclosure, I like it but in order to get a 10s fit I’d need the cells closer together, this will only fit a 9s5p Vruzend pack. Note the dinky compass in the lid. I wanted to use 12mm pure nickel strips which is the reason the nickel looks mashed in. The series connections are 2mm silver plated copper wire

1 Like

Yesterday I took delivery of a 2nd hand Trampa board with scrub trucks and hubs I need to figure out a way to mount @Idea v2 motor mounts. I also made a mistake with motor selection and am sending back the unsensored APS 6374 motors and hopefully getting some 6384 sensored ones

3 Likes

Nothing going on, stalled for a workspace since moving and moving again end of august, I do have time to purchase bits and finally found a new pair of trampa mtb trucks on eBay for a good price, came with spare springs, bearings and bolts

In the madness I seem to have buying more than I need, it is a disease

3 Likes

The masterplan

2 Likes

That will work just fine. If you want the holes, make sure they are symmetric! 2 hours is realistic for the job. Two layers of masking tape on the deck helps to prevent markings from the high saw.

Frank

2 Likes

Yes chef, I plan to pay extra, extra attention to the holes and I will not be chaging any sizes as I’m sure there is some physics at play there in terms of adverse affect on pop and perhaps even risk of braking if you get too rad.

Will be using suggested tooling, more to follow, I just need to simmer it on the stove for a while to get tooling an work on the template/masking and of course family.

No griptape, this one had nice Trampa pads, I have some similar material myself that I was planning to use for tank grips on a motorbike but I have extra, we’ll see

1 Like