Magharees Grenadier eMTB / 2 X 6374 / 2 X Focbox / 12s6p 30Q

Hey @trampa what degree is used to make the holes oblong? There is probably calculus to arrive at that from the length but man the math arggh

Will be using a pillar press drill with the board on an angled plate, lucky I still have my protrator from skooldays!

Drill them straight and round! We use a waterjet for cutting. Frank

1 Like

Ok template transferred to sheet

3 Likes

And onto painters tape, there are small slits to allow markings of drill holes to be transferred as well as the holey holes

2 Likes

There’s only really one way to make sure you have the markings in the right place

2 Likes

That is the one on eBay.uk are you the previous owner?

The new one

what your plan for the old board?sellin it?

I’m chopping it, just waiting on blades/holesaw

2 Likes

wanna sell it?

Not particularly soz

I would not do the truck cutouts. Easy to f… up! Good luck, take your time while doing the job.

Frank

Thanks Frank, I’ll take it handy, note I have a real Holeyif it all goes Pete Tong. Toying with the idea of putting it on a little compound table but it’s too big and heavy probably

Stil slow progress, pack is gettin there, name change, all my builds will be under the pseudonym ‘Magharees’, in fact I’m going to namechange if possible

After multiple enclosure hassles for this pack I think I have alighted on the right one which fed into the build name

3 Likes

Battery almost finished sadly the ammo box was too large so for the meantime a generic Tupperware :package:

Waiting on @JTAG s excellently designed bms made real by @fedestanco to arrive then wiring

4 Likes

I’m barely coping

4 Likes

Scratch that, I pulled apart the pack as I had concerns about that he home made a springs breaking through the anode protection rings.

Pack will be in a typical ATB case and 12d6p, very tidy it is too. BMS will live in the case as well and will be a DieBieMS.

3 Likes

It’s 2019, hat much further along? Practically zilch, I found a little time today to cut the deck. I’m leaving it like this and not channeling out the bits at the top of the truck.

Apart from that everything changes 3DServisas v2 5:1 drive, FatBoy 9” wheels, MBS F5 straps and an Idea undertray with a 12s4p of Sanyo 21700B, a DieBieMS and hopefully a Unity (grumble). Motors just what I have which is a pair of APS 6380s 190kv. Completely underpowered, as its wrong kv for the wrong pack, will address that as needs be image

4 Likes

Was that the 35 long which you cut down? I decided to move my truck holes down too, felt they were too high up. I’ve got a jig on Thingiverse if you’re interested.

Thanks mate, yeah I stole your jig and printed it already but iirc it’s for the diddy mini trampa basepate?

Actually nah they have the same holes apart fro the inner spring position on the mini.

I’m all good thanks. The deck I have uses the outer forward holes which I’ll use since this gives more strength, I’ll use your template to drill the rear ones though, for some reason they are not there…it’s an old deck

1 Like