Motor rolling resistance when powered off

But it happens while it’s off too :thinking:

Which leads back to the mosfets.

Motors unplugged, no phase wires touching. No resistence Motors plugged in, resistance

Mosfets

Both with fet issue?

I had that issue 2 weeks ago, it’s posted somewhere in one of my threads.

The issue was a shorted Focbox, you can easily tell if the Focbox is bad by unplugging a single phase wire at a time, when you unplug the shorted wire from the braked motor with the battery off and the motor disengages and spin freely then your Focbox needs to be replaced.

1 Like

@Eboosted when did you get your focbox?

Well that would suck! They are brand new!

@flywithgriff when did you get yours btw?

Mine was also brand new, I got it 2 months ago from Kaly batch

I wonder if the newer ones had these issues resolved.

Not sure if I should ship it to @johnnymeduse or try to fix it myself

I got mine direct from Enertion mid July, dead in just under 30 days

I got mine in the last group buy from @yummyblobs.

I have removed my tension pulleys and the resistance is considerably less. Pretty sure that was the issue.

Seems odd to me being that the whole point of the idler/tensioner pulley is so that you can maintain tooth contact and run your belt tension looser. When I’ve used them I always got that result.

My belt tension is pretty loose. Not sure why it’s happening. All I know is when I removed the tensioner the resistance decreases.

did you check the rolling resistance of the idler itself? Perhaps the bearing needs a cleaning

1 Like

does the tensioner bend or pinch the belt? maybe too close to one of the pulleys?

Why not try to eliminate the whole wheel belt situation by removing the motor or popping off the belt and trying to test the motor without any load on it? That is what I would do anyway… :smiley:

1 Like

@Jinra they are new bearings and nice and clean.

@psychotiller the idler may be to close to the motor pulley. That’s the only place they would fit but do disrupt the path of the belt about 15mm.

@Martinsp I have already ruled out motor and FOCBOX issues.

Oh sorry, overlooked that probably.

It looks like the bearings then… check wheels without load on them like the belt etc.

you put the idler on the slack side right? not tension side

Have a picture with the idler on?