MTB tires 8'' - share your experience

Do you have a link for AliExpress tyres?

€ 3,99 12%OFF | free shipping 200x50 Tire Tyre and Inner tube For Electic Scooter Motorcycle ATV Moped Parts

No, its’ US $14.23… it’s an usual price on Ali…

Just an FYI, I try to message the aliexpress supplier of this tire once a week asking if they’ll make a 9" version. I suggest you all do the same! I love the 8" version of them better than original MBS sad to say.

MBS certainly has them beat on color options though :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Got a batch of these and they don’t last very long at all…from a different company

I was told by a tyre guy years ago that more nylon is added to tyres less rubber ratio.thats why they wear out faster aswell. Not as much profit in durable tyres for these companies.

@Gaza65 the different company was from China as well?

1 Like

Screenshot_20190504-100350_Alibabacom Would these help you in the snow?

3 Likes

Summate tyres was the ones I got

1 Like

Looks like a good option to drain your battery fast :sweat_smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Yes but the roster tales of snow…

700km( from metr pro) on aliexpress tires. IMG_20190504_003332

4 Likes

They last 2x/3x longer compared to the Trampa tires with the same thread and are cheaper. Only downside is that they are allot harder and don’t dampen that well because of it. Grip is also reduced.

1 Like

It’s all a matter of performance vs durability. Roll resistance, grip, puncture resistance, weight, PSI rating and durability want to be balanced. You can’t have 100% on all values, so it’s always a compromise you deal with. More Nylon makes the tire swallow more PSI and it gets a better puncture resistance but it also makes it heavy and stiffer. Less contact patch gives you better mileage but faster wear. Softer rubber = more grip but faster wear. Hard rubber = better mileage, less grip, longer life Less profile = more rubber = longer life but less grip etc. etc.

3 Likes

Yea I’d rather pay $6 each than $30

Cheap tires often use non rubber materials mixed into the compound. Some contain plenty of nasties. Cheap and effective demoulding detergents have shown to be carcinogenig. There is usually a reason why cheap stuff is cheap. Slave labour, environmental damage, nasties in product etc.

4 Likes

We’re does your tyres come from trampa? Also what’s your ratio rubber/nylon mix?

The only thing i can say so far is that multiple of my brand new tubes loose air without visible leakage underwater and my tires wooble. (Not because of the valve) just the tyre itself when seated into the HUB.

Ratio depends on on the tire. There is usually a Ply rating (2PR or 4PR). Most of our tires are 4PR. Nylon is not Nylon. There are different Nylon types, weavings and densities available. Our tires are made by well known global players making car, motorbike and bicycle tires for brands you very likely find in the shop around your corner.

1 Like