MTB tires 8'' - share your experience

So we’re are they made China?

It wouldn’t surprise me that your tyres and other trampa range products are made in china… business sense it would be the most profitable option would it not?

Did you tighten down the valve but? That’s a place where they can lose air. Also make sure you tighten the hub screws in a star pattern plus install some counter weights to balance out the wheel.

@Gaza65 pretty direct questions to @trampa :sweat_smile: isn’t that a bit too not polite? :thinking:

By the way, it’s not a big secret. The name of the company is even written on the outside of the tire. Just google it and you will find out by your own.

1 Like

the thread pattern is 100% identical. I would not be surprised if most of these tires are manufactured by the same company, only difference being the rubber percentage and ply rating.

Regarding the impact on the environment. I wonder what has more impact in the end. Using 1 set of tires for roughly 1000 km upon requiring replacements, or needing 3 x 4 replacement tires for the same distance. One option produces significantly more waste I would say.

If you are worried about carcinogenic substances, use gloves.

2 Likes

I’ve had a similar situation.the valve wouldn’t seat properly.to tempery fix it I used cap with rubber seat (metal caps)

Innova is china

This should be a reply to Trampa?

both you and trampa, I’m certain these tires are made in China and on top by the same company that MBS uses.

1 Like

The valve is tight.

The valve is not the problem with the wobble. Its the outer tire. I’ll try to show it to you in a bit

I have wobbley tyre aswell and I’m sure it wears faster than the others…so I just buy in bulk 20-30 tyres at a time…

Not sure if i’m the one who is stupid and can’t import gifs or if this forum just won’t let me. Take a look at the dirty spot right at the outside of the HUB.

GIF 1

GIF 2

2 Likes

The website claims it accepts gif files but format is always wrong.

Easiest solution is to get the giphy app or use giphy.com to make your own. Their html links auto embed here 100%

3 Likes

@Andy87 attempt 2

Thanks! @venom121212 Its not 60fps though but it works.!

https://giphy.com/gifs/W4oH3ZKAsG3MNmWkfZ/html5 https://giphy.com/gifs/h4xIDLxjxZBr9Wl0Hn/html5

2 Likes

@xsynatic i never said the valve is the problem of your wobble. But the valve nut can be the issue why you lose air.

I know about that wobble you showed in the gifs, that’s why I asked how you mounted the hubs. If the hubs not tighten in a star pattern than it’s more likely that this wobble occurs. I never had a tire which where running totally fine, but right adjustment and counter weights can help to reduce it.

yeah not sure where i get that from lol.

I’ll try to remount it again and watch for the star pattern.

Let out almost all air, squeeze and push the tire into position. Re-inflate. Disassemble the tire and look at the inner edge. Sometimes there is some excessive rubber, hindering the tire to mount perfectly centered.

BTW: You can’t tell the manufacturer by the look of the profile. China copies existing tread patters over and over. A perfect copy seams to have a higher value than your own development in this culture. This is why you only find a small variety of tread patterns when looking for such tires on eg Alibaba. They definitely don’t all come from the same company/mould. A close look at such tires reveals that the moulds are not identical.

And even if a tire looks identical and was made by the same company, the rubber compound can be different and the nylon structure can be different and ply rating can be different. You can’t see that. It depends on the specification the ordering company defines. For example we make the Trampa Treads tire in two different rubber compounds.

2 Likes