My First belt driven

I am a total newb, and my first build was a hub motored board. I am planning to use a sk3, 192 kv motor, and I was wondering would my esc give the motor a bottleneck? Thank for helping a newb like me.

2 Likes

Ummmm…What?!

2 Likes

Uh… No. You need a VESC homie. Regular ESC’s are just not worth it in the long run(<-:joy: get it?).

be nice.

yes that esc you found on ebay will be a bottleneck.

there’s a long thread about it, search “esc ebay” or something like that.

2 Likes

Though, that esc will handle 6s voltage and the inherent amp draw better than a vesc…

So many other factors to read about.

The biggest bottleneck is going to be the 6s battery and 192kv motor combo.

2 Likes

yep, unless ur runnning a tiny battery, pay another 50$ to get a proper controller…a vesc comes to mind.

2 Likes

According to the seller, dicky ho, with a solder iron you can configure it for up to 10s, which was what I was planning to do. Would that still be a bottleneck?

Still a bottleneck. From what we’ve found with that esc it has a top out speed regardless of voltage. (19mph) and it overheats.

1 Like

If i use a vesc, is the torque boards vesc good?

For your first board, it’ll work fine as long as you don’t try to run FOC on it

1 Like

If you’re looking for a cheap intro to the vesc, get a maytech. They are now 3.3 and FOC compatible for $110

1 Like

the torque one is also 100$. Is the maythech one any better?

FOC compatible

1 Like

Software and compatibility say yes.

1 Like

Ok . Thanks a lot for the help.

Maytech is hit or miss, heard just as many bad things as good things.

The torqueboard one is good, ive seen a lot running them in Foc without problems.

1 Like

You hit up Maytech for their motors.

2 Likes

ok. Also, i am using kgel wheels, and will get the pulleys and stuff from diy electric.com. There are 2 options, 16t and 14t. Which one should I get? I am using an sk3 6374.

What KV? If you want better hill climb and low-speed torque use 14t, but if you want to go flat and fast go with 16t or higher. You generally want around 200kv motors

192 kv. I want to make a board that can handle hills, so I will go with 14t.