My First Build - 10S and 6374 Single Belt Drive

Kydex is reliable or ABS but it is expensive compared to fiberglass

Just ordered the Focbox from enertion’s own website during the sale. I’m hoping the support guy was right when he told me that it’ll take approx 2-3 weeks to ship it to EU.

Should I make the enclosure’s mold out of wood or is there anything easier to use?

sort of off topic but have you seen the enertion sale for the focboxes? :smiley:

This would be a great time to pick one up!

(i also picked this up: http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/dual-focbox-fully-enclosed-cnc-machined-case/42321 aparpently it helps temperatures significantly)\

edit: lol woops… jumped the gun :laughing:

I made my mold with a 3D printer. Otherwise, wood, cardboard will all work. IT depends, how complicate is your design. Keep in mind that is not that true that kydex and ABS are more expensive. If you can make a vaccum pump (there are tutorial online, it’s pretty easy) than the total cost would be more with fiberglass. I went for fiber glass and I paid 30 euro for the material without any gel coat or fancy stuff. I found ABS, Kydex sheets on ALi, Ebay for less than 20 euro. To me depends of what you would like as final result.

1 Like

I have found some kydexs at good price in EU, if you need it I can have a look if I find them

You can make it out of dense foam and wrap it in duct tape for kydex, really easy to hype angles to attract ladies.

Got some kydex from amazon, recieved the FOCBOX. Also I got refunded on the GT2B I ordered from amazon (it got stuck in the customs somewhere) and because enertion’s having this huge sale now for the Nano-X I’m going to use it instead of a custom gt2b.

I have a very similar setup… single motor 190kv 6374 4 x 3s 5000mah = 12s5000mah gears 16/40 controller is phone to created bluetooth application that runs on rfduino.

Tires are only 90mm tho lmao

I really hope my range(without damaging batteries) is at least 10 miles because I have to commute 5 miles to work and back and I don’t have enough money to buy 4 more lipo 3s batteries

I’ve used kydex with decent results in a number of different projects (battery enclosures, accessory holsters, splash shields, etc). If this is your first time with kydex, experiment with a scrap piece first to get a feel for the material.

Recieved a lot of stuff today, including 97mm wheels. Sadly I’m getting pretty strong wheelbite with those, I’m currently using 1/8 inch risers. I think I’ll change them to 1/2 inch risers. Does anyone have some other suggestions?

Thanks

risers are a good option, ive seen some people stick some course sandpaper to their wheels and actually carve out bigger wheel wells from the board. you can also stiffen up the bushings of your trucks, but that will make the board less carvy

Also bushing setup can help a lot with wheel bite. Some harder board side bushings would help

Went to a local battery guy today. He showed me the elements he wants to use. They were Samsung 29E. As far as I know they’re not the best for eboards? I’m planning to use 10s4p, I have a single 6374 motor.

30q is the best

How much will the lower discharge rate of 29E actually influence me when using 10s4p?

Can anyone link me the Bestech BMS with an e-switch? Do I have to contact them to order it? I’m going to order 40 30Q sells and have my local battery guy build the battery for 50€.

You have to email them and order at least 2 BMS

Okay, thanks for the quick reply

@JLabs sells them.

BMS

Wait, you need 12s… I think the highest series he sells is 10s. But you can always ask.