My first E-Skateboard (Lowrider)

So hopefully will be receiving my 3D printer this week and then try to print my first pulley Let’s see how long it takes me to find good settings (printer will be anycubic i3 mega).

1 Like

You would trust a plastic 3d printed part to use as a breaking mechanism? I know I wouldnt

1 Like

Well at the moment I use a 3D Printed pulley that I bought from a Forum Member and for now it looks quite sturdy and good :slight_smile:

As long as you get good prints a 3d printed pulley is fine. I’ve got a 36t set with over 1000 miles in them, wash them off and they still look new. I’ve for a 72t set that looks just as good I’m gonna run MBS tjrucks and wheels.

2 Likes

Any recommendations on resolution etc. ? I bought ABS and PETG Carbon Filament for testing (my printer should arrive this week hopefully).

To bad they don’t have one for iPhones

I print mine in abs

1 Like

3 years with the same 3d printed pulley on pneumatics. No issues whatsoever :slight_smile:

2 Likes

0.2 / .25 mm layer hight. And you should use a .4mm nozzle

1 Like

you could use ASA, its even better than ABS

1 Like

Ok just finished the setup of my Printer. Doing my first print with PLA 0.2mm just to see what PLA can hold up to (read that after baking it in the oven it gets quite sturdy). Then I will try my other filaments. Let’s see how it will go.

Seems it fits… so will test ride it tonight

2 Likes

Also quite handy to print out an Emblem with my Logo :smiley:

3 Likes

Printed out a Case that holds 3 LEDs as my front LED Light

3 Likes

Actually… changed to my “Tarantula” Design… brighter… smaller… overall cooler :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Almost certain nobody has gotten PLA to last it can’t stand the heat and stress, NYLON, ABS and PETG should fare better

I just want to do my test prints with the “free” included PLA Filament first and see how many KM’s the PLA can last… of course PLA will not be my final pulley material… however I think it should be good enough for the Hub Adapters.

I like the design, how many teeth?

Ah 36 see it

I made a couple… 44, 45, 46 Teeth at the moment for testing.

Ah yes… for the small wheel it is 36 and 40T… my MBS has 44,45,46