My first E-Skateboard (Lowrider)

Yeah I was wondering I read 36 but looked like more, must be torquey

Yeah I always prefer torque over top speed… Can’t imagine I will ever feel comfortable going faster than 35 km/h after my crash

3 Likes

What kinda clearance does your motor have over the ground? Just in the process of doing my build and there’s very little info on recommended clearances.

Any issues running it that low?

I didn’t measure the clearance… but you can see it in the photos. Now with the MBS Wheels I have more clearance and no problems anymore (of course I didn’t just go up and down of sidewalks and mainly go on flat surfaces otherwise my Motor would take a hit here and there).

Ok my Lighting is finished now… I really love it… good to see ones own design on the board… the 3D printer already paid off :smiley:

4 Likes

Started a print with PETG-CARBON… hopefully there is something useful coming out of it… At least no warping until now. Fingers crossed:

3 Likes

The carbon pulley failed :frowning: The Belt does not fit - the dimension is a little off and the pitch does not seem to be correct… Sad because the filament was quite expensive and I had high hopes… so maybe I will use it for something that fullfills no function.

However at least after testing the whole day - both LED lights seem to be working nicely. Can’t wait to test them at night.

grafik

1 Like

Here a pic from the Carbon fail… meh

1 Like

So anyone here had experience with that PETG-CARBON ? I will test to make a motor mount now… hope it is good for something.

Beautiful board, wish I could go low like this, but the roads here doesn’t allow

On the pulley, what I do with mine is to print a small slice, 5mm in fine and just the teeth, basically a ring with teeth, and tweak the dimensions until it fit perfectly with the belt, then you print the full pulley

3 Likes

So after a lot of tweaking I am now able to print ABS without warping and with true dimensional accuracy.

It was not so easy… I kindof messed up 3 pulleys before.

The Calibration cube shows it best… Right side cube is the first try… left side cube was after the calibration today.

5 Likes

Did you follow any guide? never calibrated mine like this, just sometimes adjusting one thing or another. that cube looks perfect

1 Like

No I didn’t follow any guide but I basically checked every screw - every axis measurement - every limit switch - took apart the extruder and hotend and everything and made sure that I reassembled it perfectly. After that I just took my chance and tried some settings until the cube measured exactly 20mm (extruder flow rate) and then I adjusted the temperature so that I get no warping.

The trick is to use a “UHU STICK” glue on the bed and make a nice big brim around the part. Bed Temperature is 100°C and Hotend Temp is 240 °C. The Fan is off until I start Layer 10 - then I turn it on to around 20 %.

1 Like

Small Update:

• New 6384S APS Motor with modified Honeywell Hall Sensors
  • 3D Printed Cooling Fan for Motor

1 Like

Looks good but is there enough space between idler and wheel? And why do you want to modify the hall sensors?

I was not able to detect the hall table with the sensors that have been on the Motor when I received it. there is enough space - but it is a close fit for sure :smiley:

I´ve been using PLA for my wheel pulleys and none failed so far. I used PLA for my prototype motor mount years ago and it worked reasonably well - but failed eventually. Print temperatures around 250° for Carbon PETG (depending on manufacturer) seems to offer enough headroom to withstand temperatures that might occur on the mount. So yeah, I think it could work. I have a spool of carbon filament here myself just waiting to be tested but I need to upgrade my printers hotend first - and I aint got time for that yo! :grin: summer is around the corner and my second build is almost done. A man has got to set his priorities :grin:

Just make sure your mount is rigid enough to withstand the mechanical stress. I had a PLA motor mount fail on me while I was riding - luckily I was slow enough that nothing happened. The motor literally fell off with a chunk of the PLA motor mount. Don´t want that to happen at higher speeds…

As for wheel pulleys - Carbon fiber is abrasive enough to cause some serious wear on a brass nozzle so I personally would´nt use it on pulleys since it may cause your belt to fail too soon due to its abrasive properties. I´m still using PLA for my pulleys but PETG or Nylon might even be better. I´m just too lazy and don´t have enough time on my hands to try out those materials at the moment. PETG constantly fails printing because of heat creep causing the PETG filament to soften up beyond the heatbreak thus causes clogs on my printer and eventually fail. I have an E3D hotend waiting to be installed buuuuut - priorities :grin:

1 Like

New design for cooling turbine… the holes should fit the holes on my 6384S APS Motor.

1 Like

3 Likes

Uploaded it to thingiverse now if anyone else wants to give it a shot.

2 Likes