My First Electric Skateboard, Need Help and Advice(Aiming for board to be 30-40mph)

@jhdkry135 He’s probably just busy. Give him a day or so. I know of a few guys including myself who have been berating him with questions lately. @psychotiller is great, just give him a bit.

2 Likes

I agree with @Skunk i just sent him a PM as well but he may not always reply right away cause He may be working on something. He’s told me once over PM that he’s been busy. You can maybe send a follow up PM after a few days but He will certainly get back to you.

1 Like

I think I’ve sent him around 50 messages in the past week…

1 Like

woah okay then there’s likely a good reason as to why He’s not replying. He usually has replied to me in a timely fashion so i wouldn’t worry about it too much but if you need an answer maybe you could look around the forum or ask others

This isn’t bad advice.

To op: 10S - 12S in 4P - 6P should serve you well.

I’d suggest dual focboxes. 6374 motors in 190 KV are great.

I’m a fan of flywheels with 32-36t gears, with a motor pulley between 15 and 20t.

I’d suggest getting one of those HM-10 Bluetooth modules for changing settings on the road… Invaluable for tuning your ride.

I’m giving you such a large range of battery because price can be a huge factor for some, and weight for others. More batteries will obviously cost more, and weight more. A 4P configuration will be sufficient for most, but may leave some performance to be desired be it range or pushing higher than 80A batt max. Also, when it comes to gearing, it doesn’t hurt to factor into your cost the purchase of multiple different size wheel and motor pulleys so you can tune your ride for torque, balance between speed and torque, or just flat out speed.

To finish my reply, in the spirit of deckoz’s comment… Going with a few different size pulleys will allow you to feel out your board at lower speeds, yet be able to swap to a higher speed setup when you do feel confident enough to. I’d heed deckoz’s warning… I did the opposite, starting my 10S4P setup at 20/32. While it was great fun, it was a little bit too easy to get above 50mph and it tossed me off. I’ve since been working my way back up with my gearing, but I don’t think I’ll ever go that fast again, there’s just no real reason to when 43-45 mph is almost plenty fast enough. I usually ride 15/32 or 20/36 nowadays. The main point I guess I’m trying to make is that you can go as fast as you want on any build just by changing gearing.

Also, think about highly dewedging your rear truck, and look into chubby bushings for added stability as well. I’d probably still be riding 20/32 today had I had my trucks setup better from the get-go… One fall can cause scars that take a long time to heal, but sometimes it’s the mental ones that cut the deepest.

3 Likes

very insightful skatardude :grinning: about the bushings, do you have a link to these?

1 Like