My monodrive 6374 10s bamboo eboard

So yesterday evening I installed my new button/switch and reconnected the battery indicator. They work great! Problem 2 is solved

BUT the button I have, of which its original price was around 24 euro, does not take vibrations very well… On my commute this morning I had the board turning itself off about 5 times. Very annoying! Luckily the brakes still work because of the regenerative system :sweat_smile:

Does anyone else have this problem? What button do you recommend? The hole in the enclosure is 16mm wide

So your saying your brakes work when no power is going to the Vesc? How is the receiver powered then?

I had the same problem with the antispark switch. It once turned off the board on the rough terrain at like 20 km/h. No way I’m going through that again.

I went the antispark XT90 key route. Best decision ever. Reliable, easy, just works.

@pat.speed I think because the system still holds charge for a few seconds when I just normally push the button to switch it off. But when I’m riding the motor is spinning of course and maybe that makes it harder for the load to escape? The receiver is connected with the 3 wire servo cable on to the vesc. Just my theory

@Crossfire Yeah that is probably the best solution. It’s just such a shame of having this big hole in the board (and covering it up with ducttape or something). My board looks so clean now!

So guys, I have edited the post

The Bluetooth module is blinking a red LED as expected. But I am not able to find it using my Nexus 5X running Android 8.0 and 8.1 Using my old Samsung S4 running Android 7.1.2 it works!

Damn you Oreo!

I have created a specific topic for the bluetooth problem cause I figure this will be easy to fix and it could be of interest to a lot of people.

Have a look

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/hm-10-pairing-rejected-by-bt05/36713?u=gunnark

Some updates

It has become clear Android Oreo (8.0 and 8.1) have Bluetooth LE issues. You can look all the issues people made here issuetracker.google.com Today I reverted from Android 8.1 beta to 7.1.2 by adb-flashing

Metr.at I sold my previous Bluetooth module and bought the Metr.at one. Them statistics are gewwd!

2 Likes