As far as I know this is a first, but please let me know if I am wrong. I never seen someone making this concept of a remote. It is a prototype and can be largely improved with 3D printing, at least the aesthetics of it, but it functions great.
Remote Controller Features:
- UART connection to a VESC over Bluetooth, only a Bluetooth module is needed to connect to the VESC, with no additional hardware.
- Board battery voltage and speed on a tiny side display
- Speaker for indicating connection to the board
- The speaker also beeps when connection is lost (did not happen but functionality works when I power down the board while leaving the remote on)
- Charging through mini USB port (this is a power bank mod after all)
- Throttle and braking FSR function according to rider applied force
- Comfortable for usage with gloves
- No moving parts whatsoever
Remote in action:
More images (from before I used bolts to mount the top) and a look into the insides: ESK8 FSR Remote Controller Prototype
I want to know what you think