My thoughts on RKP vs TKP

lol, why is the backend of the orange one turned upwards?? are you supposed to turn your back truck around to get a zero-degree truck or something?

Kicktail on the spirit deck. It will have an angled wedge

2 Likes

ah, i see, that’s very nice as some sort of giant wedge footstop.

1 Like

This isnt the Subsonic Spirit deck but this is the setup. Might even use a 35 degree base plate for more stability at high speed.

20190124_130439 20190124_130351 20190124_130231

2 Likes

I’m curious, what is the actual reason for the lifted rear truck?

1 Like

I’d just go with a zero degree truck on this one

Its how subsonic designed the board to be used. Stability at high speed. I havent made an electric Spirit yet so Im not sure what the finished product will be.

Spirit 30: Along with the Shadow single kick, the Spirit Slalom has been designed from the ground up. Featuring radial-tri-plane, the increased leverage adds to the response needed at any speed, while giving you the solid base for long straights. Designed in stages over the better half of 3 years, the Spirit is built for slalom and downhill alike, with many wheelbase options to choose.

The standing platform of the Spirit is designed to sit flat, then transitions to a micro-drop before the kick. This aids in the ability to flatfoot tuck, with added response from the leverage. The kick sits higher than most; when mounted correctly, it adds control to cornering and carving. It comes with an angled block necessary to mount the truck flat, or build to a specified degree.

LASER-ENGRAVED Graphic!

Specs: 8-ply maple construction Length: 30" (76cm) Width: 8 3/4" to 8 1/2" (22.2cm to 21.6cm) Concave: >1/2" Radial Tri-plane (>1.3cm) Wheelbase: 19", 19 1/2", 21 1/4", 21 3/4" (48.3cm, 49.5cm, 54cm, 55.2cm)

4 Likes

Damn… i want this deck

2 Likes

Ill start a new thread for this. Oh yes eS30 deck

https://photos.app.goo.gl/TdCdK9SpdiwKnDwGA

1 Like

Interesting. Did you get to test the TKP/RKP setup any further? Any more impressions?

I currently have the Caliber II RKP trucks on a EVO Falcon deck and while it drives nicely on the road I’m missing more maneuverability when going through the city center. I’m thinking of getting TKP trucks instead but I would rather test some TKPs first before going all in for it including changing the motor mounts. Maybe changing just the front truck would be a good way of getting the feet wet?

Can anyone recommend a good TKP truck that’s easily available in EU (=not Surf Rodz) and would make sense to combine with Caliber II?

Why?

Other than psychotiller tkp i don’t really know of any that have mounts available or are wide enough for motors.

Except for maybe some of the no brand Ebay trucks.

https://forum./t/surf-rod-trucks/4309/18?u=skunk

Has a set if you’re just not wanting to deal with surfrodz

Mounts are not needed for a front truck. Surf Rodz are difficult to get in EU. Plus, I believe they only come in pairs?

1 Like

Oh i get it. I missed the just for the front tuck part. I think surfrodz actually sells singles now but they also don’t answer emails.

@moon might have a set of tkp surfrodz if i remember right.

I changed it out as soon as possible. I took it out (tkp front, rkp rear) for one group ride and didn’t like it. Sure, it was unique, and its worth a try if you have TKPs to test on hand, but otherwise I think it’s kind of pointless. I’d recommend spending some money on a range of different formula, shape, and hardness bushings from Riptide, Venom, etc. to tune what you have or what you get to ride the way you want.

Try it and let me know if you get the chance to do TKP/RKP, but imo, for me going RKP/RKP or TKP/TKP is best.

2 Likes

Evo is designed around 35degree baseplates. Caliber comes in 50 or 44.

Maybe try some dewedging risers first?

1 Like