Need a new phone. Lets talk

So I need a new damn phone. Mine is fucking dying and I want to hear what you turds are using.

I need something that will work with the @Ackmaniac app. So no Iphone.

I am coming from an Android S8 Active. I like it a lot except the dumb ass Bixby button which I only ever hit unintentionally.

Tough as fucking nails with no case and waterproof. I like that.

But to my chagrin, they don’t have the new ones in an “Active” model.

So, what the fuck do I get?

5 Likes

My gf just bought a phone and we shopped for a long time. We decided on the LG V35 factory unlocked

5 Likes

Brian will advocate getting an Iphone but don’t listen to him

11 Likes

get an S9. not the newest but still will last you a while, and you can get ex display models etc for like way cheaper than new. I got mine for like 650(aud) and a new one is around 1000

2 Likes

@dareno If you like paying more money to have less freedom and a crappier phone and getting completely butt-fucked by a corporation that doesn’t give any shits about you at all, then sure, get a fruity phone. They are actively working as hard as possible to make sure China gets all the newest software faster and cheaper and can innovate more quickly than the west can. If you support that, then you should definitely overpay for a crappy fruit phone.

11 Likes

Really? Come on man! Its me. :sunglasses:

I’m not sure you would survive a London pub Brian.

11 Likes

S9+ takes a licking and keeps on ticking.

7 Likes

Does it? Is Bixby useable?

if you get a bixby remapper it’s fine, I’ve got one and it’s awesome having a hardware button for anything you want

edit - this is what I use, for a couple of bucks get the full version, definitely worth it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jamworks.bxactions

5 Likes

I just bought an oukitel ok6000. I don’t subscribe to the herd policy so ymmv

It is actually a fantastic phone imo

8 core processor 4gb ram 6Ah battery great camera and sound 109$

2 Likes

I second this, Just disable bixby.

4 Likes

Nokia has some EXCELLENT options right now. I got a 7.1 as a mid-range to hold me over until I have more money and there’s better options on the flagship market.

1 Like

I have an iPhone XR. It’s not bad, just overpriced. $800 emoji machine.

1 Like

Negative; it comes with a side order of stifling innovation in the West

3 Likes

I have a oneplus 6… the metal frame has soo many dents yet the screen still has not cracked…

2 Likes

I got an iPhone X and it’s straight shit, got a bugged version that deletes apps on its own.

1 Like

I second the lg v35 is :ok_hand:

1 Like

Samsung s10+ (don’t scoff, I was coming off an S7)

I love it. My hand doesn’t reach the top of the screen though so I kinda wish I got the s10 and not the plus. 5’10" for reference.

For more budget, s9 or s9+

4 Likes

I’ve got a OnePlus X and genuinely happy with it. I bought it as a, I don’t want to spend ant money on a phone because I don’t like them much. Let’s see what I can get for the littlest amount possible

2 Likes

Samsung is fucking trash at phones in this current era.