Need a new phone. Lets talk

You guys know that you can now remap the bixby button after the last updates?

1 Like

Blackview P10000, cheap, decent camera, stable performance, only needs charging once a week(10Ah). No reason to spend more then 200-300 bucks on a phone thats designed to last 2 ish years.

1 Like

S10 and 10+ take amazing videos and pictures. The ultra wide lense is amazing. 20190505_111528

I took that pic from my phone.

7 Likes

I recently got a Xiaomi a2 lite, the rom is clean android, there is not a single bloatware stuff on it,it came without a gallerz app lol

Its costs same as a proper 6374 motor so you basically dont care if you smash it totally and the battery can last for 2 days unless you spend like 5 hours on it per day

4 Likes

the flagship phones are s10+, note 9 and p30 pro all around $900 new

If you want something cheaper i suggest the a8 a9 a80 a90 which are new mid range smartphones from samsung $4-600

Or if you want quality but reasonable priced that does everything id say go for an s9+ for around $450-500 (this is not much of an upgrade from the s7 or s8 apart from the screen) But if you want the biggest battery, biggest screen and slightly improved camera it will cost you top dollar!

1 Like

OnePlus 6T Mc hereā€¦

1 Like

I am hearing about phones I didnā€™t even know existed unless it is from the S-series Note series, iphone or the pixel I havenā€™t heard of it. My wife just ordered some screen protectors for her cowork who has the J7 Star??? I asked her what the shit is that. Really all these phones are the same if they are android unless it is an iphone. Only thing different is a few features like better camera maybe slightly better processor. But I say stick with those a S-series or pixel and you will have the best phone to run the Ackmaniac app. I personally have an iphone and love it but realize just anyone cant upload a app to the app store which I do appreciate because helps weed out the virus packed bloatware apps.

If your going for the hipster look, like I said before the motorola Razer or the LG EN2

1 Like

The ultra wide lens is insane. Instead of digitally stretching and distorting pixels, it has a physical lens for a true zoom without distortion. Itā€™s lightning fast, battery is rock solid. In display fingerprint is crazy fluid. The front camera hole is not annoying.

Stupid 99% of the time but could be useful one day:

I can wirelessly charge other phones/devices with my phone! I charged up my maytech R2V2 remote at the park recently.

Plus the opal white version is unbelievably sexy :+1:

6 Likes

Do you think it us worth it over the s9?

That opal does look gorgeousā€¦

I canā€™t personally say. I upgraded from the S7 so either would be a huge step up for me. Logically I would say no: the s9 is still a great phone as long as you get it new. The batteryā€™s death will be the phoneā€™s death.

2 Likes

That is what I am thinking. I am coming from s8 with a toast battery.

Either will be great.

2 Likes

if your really a fan of the active you CAN have the battery replaced, should be less than 100 bucks. Thereā€™s a place in Birmingham Iā€™ve used before, over by the Galleria, Iā€™ll have to look up the name and address.

4 Likes

Well, I really do like it, but the speaker is also busted. I have to take all calls on speaker phone.

Makes me look like such a douchebag.

2 Likes

Throwing in a vote for the Pocophone F1 from Xiaomi.

Picked it up on day one (one of the few people who bought it in under 5 minutes before they sold out completely), and I have loved it since.

Comes with all of the flagship features:

• Snapdragon 845 processor
  • 6GB of RAM
  • 64GB (+ expansion) ROM
  • Good screen to body ratio (thereā€™s a notch, but I never notice it anymore)
  • 4000mAh battery
  • Mostly stock android (they have a few Xiaomi apps, but its nothing crazy)
  • Water cooling (if thatā€™s even a feature that matters haha)
  • Good cameraā€™s for all the pictures of your Boards 'n Beer

Most importantly:

• A HEADPHONE JACK!!!
  • Inexpensive at around $250-300

Only cons I personally have:

• Not waterproof (not super huge for me, but I know you mentioned you prefer it),
  • Gorilla glass could be improved to a newer model (not huge for me, but it could make or break it for some people)
  • Some of the GSM bands arenā€™t 100% supported so cell-service may be limited in some areas
  • Netflix had a problem on the HD content
3 Likes

iā€™ve been using a LG V20 for a couple years now. itā€™s an older model. but itā€™s the very last android phone that has a swappable battery.

it doesnā€™t have water proofing, or face recognition, or whatever incremental improvements current model phones have.

it is liberating to have extra batteries and just swap them out when it runs out of juice. i havenā€™t known charge anxiety for years now.

4 Likes

Idk if its been suggested, but the pixel 3a looks really nice

1 Like

I have a CAT61 from Caterpillar and love it.

Sure, itā€™s a little Brick and actually made for Construction Workers, but I donā€™t spend any time being afraid that it could break when falling down, getting wet, sliding off some smooth surface or have the daily ā€œuh, I need to recharge this nightā€.

2 Likes

pixel 3a just launched, $400 for dat camera and they brought the headphone jack back. I thing spending $800+ on a phone is just unnecesary. That being said, the galaxy s10e and iphone are both pretty sweet right now.

1 Like

Now this is interesting.

Does it do everything relatively?

1 Like

My sister got a basically new s8 for 340euros

and my brother has an s9+

I somehow prefer the s8. I feel like they f*cked up the s9 with updates (on purpose) so people would move on to the s10.