Need help with getting my parts!

I would need two since i’m running dual. Would I need a custom wiring system so they would work synchronous?

Canbus or split ppm. I think split ppm is safer. Also go onto @torqueboards website. He has a guide for setting up dual drive setups with 2 vescs

1 Like

New focboxes no longer have canbus issues

1 Like

If you are going to run foc with all the bells and whistles ie traction control or a bluetooth module then you need a canbus connector. If you want simple bldc then a split ppm cable for the receiver will do.

this vid goes through the wiring and set up for both

@dg798 do you run them constantly on 12s or was it just for a while. Do you have a 12s set up running tb vescs?

1 Like

I have only used 12s with Tb vesc

For me the heat was an issue. Bearing in mind I do live in Australia where an average winter is still 26’c so that may have played a part but I also don’t like how close you come to the erpm limit on 4.12 either. It just makes things much easier for a noob to pop something with incorrect kv etc.
Hey don’t go blaming me if I have put the kiss of death on your set up and something blows lol

1 Like

I limit the erpm to 60000

Winters in New York can get below 32f

Without confusing the guy too much. I use tb vescs and hk vescs but I’m sure that no one can argue that the focbox is the best 4 variant on the market for control and reliability. It just is.

1 Like

I’ll run twin Focbox, why not lol. They get good reviews.

He was taking about how hot Australia can get. Note the c after 26. We’re not taking about cold focbox issues.

2 Likes

They are the most widely used motor controller and for a good reason. They work very well

1 Like

About the BMS. I’ll be running 12S4P. Every cell (16) needs to be hooked up to the BMS if I’m using it for charging. So if i run the BMS bypassed when not charging, it does not really matter how high the Amp rating is, right?

It’s 35’C or 95’F here today and it’s not even summer yet. :fire:

Focbox unity is something else to look into as well if you don’t mind the wait.

Do you have this 12s4 you speek of?

Lol, nope. It’ll take time.

I’d really like to see a 12s4 that only has 16 cells.

Whoops, lol my mistake.

We’re in the thirties and its spring lol.
@JosephShubin If you’re not discharging through it then the amp rating can be low. Nice little tiny one. The bestech 80 amp is a beast of a thing. If I was using a charge only I could have got another 10 cells in my evo.

1 Like

Should of would of could of :stuck_out_tongue::smiling_imp: