Need help with getting my parts!

4.20V/Cell x 12 Cells, in Series gives me a max voltage of 50.4 Volts. Add 2-4 Cells in Parallel will increase Ah. I’m getting this right? Note: Lipo Cells are slim/flat, so I might be able to fit all this in a large pack. :thinking:

I can help you with ur bms once ur ready to wire it. Shoot me a PM and I can walk u through the process

1 Like

I know I’m just saying why I don’t necessarily need a heatsink on my board. But let’s stay on topic

Thank, I defenitly will when time comes.

Ok take ur time and learn. This can be a very tedious process. Good luck

1 Like

Uhm, just found this. Idk what to say. Should I buy one? Test it?

https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/22-2v-60C-120C-6s-24000mAh_60194025070.html?spm=a2700.7724838.2017115.52.62bd51dbL2CyKY

For science, yes

What do you mean science? Buy, test, post here?

3 Likes

Update: So after some more research and thought, I have further refined and zeroed in on how I want my E-Board to look like and perform. Here is my updated parts list and explanations:

Note: The board will be built around my weight, height, budget, and personal preference. I’ll take any constructive criticism happily.

I weigh ~145-150Ibs (66-68Kgs), 5’11" tall, male, currently 17.

Mechanical, non Electric:

• Deck will be made of 3 x 3/16" Plywood w/ Fiberglass tape in-between layers. Bonded with Bondo Fiberglass Resin. The deck will be 10" wide and 42" long. I want stability.
  • The Trucks will be 2 x Caliber II (44 Deg.) and will be drop through. Nothing special. They got good reviews, are very common, and very cheap. They’re 10" wide axles, so overall width w/ wheels will be over 1’. This will also increase stability.
  • Wheels will be 4 x Cal 97mm wheels. They’re cheap, got good reviews, and large. I want higher speeds than acceleration.
  • The pulley setup is a bit iffy. I will go for a ratio of ~2-3. I don’t got any hills to go over around me, at least significant, so I’ll prefer speed. The motor gear, or input will be a 20T, 10mm bore. I can’t seem to find any reasonable priced and ‘good’ quality gear for the motors. They are expensive (~$100 for two sets) and that would be ~40-42T. Recommendations? 10mm belt(s).

Electrical:

• I’ll be running a dual drive system. The motors a will be 2 x 6374’s. I was going to go with “Hobbysky” motors, but they are $80/Ea. Too much. I know going with unbranded Chinese motors is iffy, but spending ~$180 is too much.
  • I’ll go with two Focbox systems. They seem to be popular and good. Not to cheap, but reasonable.
  • A cheap, ~$30 Tx/Rx. Nothing special.
  • I’ve updated my battery system as well. I want to go with Zop 5200mah 50C 3S Li-Po’s. They get good reviews on eBay and Bangood. I’ll buy them from eBay. The seller is selling 4 of them for only $100! That’s awesome! I will be running 12S4P, so 11.1V (3S) x 4 cells = 44V. Than i’ll add 3-4 more in Parallel to increase capacity.
  • I’ll bypass BMS, but will charge w/ BMS.
  • The charger will be a Power Supply rated for 60V @ 5A.

So, that’s about it for now. Any corrections, recommendations, etc are welcome. Here is the parts list with links on Google Sheets. Total price right now is around ~$800.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KfCwrqg6k5E3N9IFZmhBAoCHk1Cx_zV-6Z9xUjNmEa4/edit#gid=0

You need a remote

" A cheap Tx/Rx…" Tx= Remote. Rx= Receiver.

power supply for 12s should be 50.4v

Forgot to mention, you can change the Voltage and Amperage. 60V is max.

can you post a link where u are getting it from

It is in the parts list Google Sheet slink, but her it is:

im just gonna check and make sure its cc-cv charging

you cant get this one because it doesnt have cc-cv charging and your battery will be all out of wack if theres not cc-cv charging

1 Like

I didn’t even know that. Thank you. I have a charger that i charge my lipos with but it would just take to long to charge each battery individually. Any recommendations on chargers?

look at diyelectricskateboards.com chargers for 12s. it should be there

collections/battery-chargers/products/12s-2a-battery-charger