New Circular Truck Motor Mount $40 SHIPPED - PICTURES!

Hahaha alright lol

1 Like

Yeah, well…I dont like either of them, SOLIDWORKS FTW!!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

solid works is reasonable :wink:

reasonable…good lord :slight_smile:

3 Likes

is ok-ish better? :yum:

1 Like

I used Inventor for 4 years. Got to university and switched to Solidworks. It’s 100 times better, just give it a shot if you get the chance.

edit: Actually if you email solidworks really nicely and explain what you’re doing and that you’re a student, they may give you a free license. I know people that have had success doing that.

1 Like

i’ve got a license already and have got solidworks on my pc. think i may switch soon since inventor is acting crazy

1 Like

feel like I owe you guys an apology (and an update): this is taking much longer than expected to complete the single prototype mount for me. good news is, the prototype arm is almost finished, clamp is quick and easy on the lathe with 1 milking operation. I will let you guys know right now that these will not be perfect. Everything is done by hand, I cut them on a band saw, mill with a manual mill and finish them with tons of different hand tools. They will obviously work and i have made extra sure that all the necessary holes are made at a very tight tolerance (motor mount holes, part that mounts to the clamp). More good news: once this first mount is done, they will be able to be made much quicker than this. It is taking so long because I need to have someone to teach me the machines and they are not available often (hence the 28 day break). Once I learn the machines, I will just need any old person to supervise which should allow me to be there atleast 3 days/week. each mount should take about 3 hours each. anyways, here is a picture of the current state of my prototype.

5 Likes

That’s cool man, i like to see how industrious and enterprising you are for a young’un. Keep grinding!

1 Like

thanks bro! not gonna lie i have gotten a bit annoyed with how long it’s taking but i’m glad i’m learning the machines. plus, now I have the skills to take with me for later in life. making these down to the 10th of a micron is definitely not necessary but really opened my eyes to how precise manual tools can be

1 Like

If you can be the guy who not only designs something, but can then manufacture as well, you’re opening many promising doors for your future. Mix that with some entrepreneurial spirit and you’ll be owning shit!

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, is this being done on a machine shop in your high school? What kind of CNCs do you guys have?

Hey,

I saw in another post that you were looking for the dimensions for the Caliber II Trucks to ensure your clamp fits properly. Do you mind sharing those truck dimensions?

Thanks,