New flipsky FSESC 6.6 dual PLUS

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

1 Like

Do you recommend the 6.6??

Can anybody else with this esc check if they have the same input voltage fluctuations? This isn’t a problem with my battery! I have tested with lipos and it still has this!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Hrbt-vNM984MgJ7pj8kwlz1rHPTvUHG/view?usp=drivesdk

It fluctuates ± ~0.7V without any load. I know flipsky moved to smaller smt caps, but it shouldn’t affect so much?!

If anybody thinks they have an idea what causes it and what is the root of this problem then please tell me! I can try to swap some components.

I have been testing it for a week. I will probably make a build thread soon. IMG_20190714_142952

My setup is: •diy custom mtb deck with under side enclosure •12s6p pack with diebiems •dual maytech 6374 •this esc

It works and hasn’t blown up yet. I limited it to 500w per motor because higher then that it reached 80c quite fast. I tested it up to 2kw total once, but it was too extreme for me.

The old Flipsky had voltage reading fluctuation too.
Because its just voltage reading, it doesn’t seem to impact the performance (minus the voltage cut off bit). In fact its called out on their product page " Reminder: Detected battery voltage tolerance: +/-0.6V"

The issue is consistent across their Vesc 6s. One of the reason why I didn’t buy another one and stuck out the wait for a unity.

1 Like

What deck is that? Looks sick

1 Like

@Randy_bobandy I made it my self. Its a bamboo/glass fiber deck, coverd with that cool looking wood (I frogot what its called) I should make a build thread but I am too lazy to do that xD Also I had a tought that I should start selling these decks if there is interest.

Finished build looks like this: received_409683766321856

Also there is a 12s6p sanyo 18650GA battey back I built underneath the deck IMG_20190714_152320

6 Likes

im having issues getting my new 6.6 to connect to my computer, ive tried different cords and usb ports, using windows 10, not sure what im missing here

It’s probably a driver issue. I had issues connecting my first gen fsesc 6.6 to my windows pc. It would say “this device isn’t recognizable”. Never did figure it out since I ended up getting the offical Vesc app for android. It cost $1.99 but is well worth it. It does everything I need to get my board up and running aswell as having real time date while you ride such as speed,battery life, amps being pulled, watts being used, watts per kilometer and to much to list. You need the bluetooth module to connect to your phone, it’s cheap I think $10 on flipsky website if you don’t already have it. I think you can get a bluetooth module locally that will work I just can’t tell you where off the top of my head but many site sell them. Someone on the forum will tell you where to get it I’m sure, just make sure it’s for the vesc 6 and not the vesc 4.2.

You should start to sell them! Make a post to gauge peoples interest. I know I would like one.

I don’t have my new flipsky 6.6 plus up and running just yet, but the old 6.6 of mine aswell as my girlfriend duel 4.2 fsesc both have the voltage fluctuation. I don’t think the actual voltage is fluctuating since when I use a multimeter it’s stable, I think it just reads it funky.

So I remember they had the pro and the smart version of these. Does the plus have the smart push to start feature, or just the pro switch? If not, does anyone know a smart switch that would add push to start that is reliable and compatible with the 6.6 plus? Cuz Flipsky done sold out!