New HGLRC (flipsky) motor from Banggood

Different motors, there will probably be other problems

Thing is, that I’m from EU… For shipping outside EU, i have to pay a Lot in custom and VAT. When ordering from Banggood, and if i choose “priority direct mail”, they are sending through the Netherlands, and i dont have to pay anything extra.

I gave this a guy a link to the thread here about the can moving on the motor. He said that doesn’t happen with their motors…

1 Like

Whoops wrong thread

The flat area of the shaft and the flat tip of the grub screw was where my problem was. It’s. It that the shaft is rotation out of place. It was shifting left and right becuase the flat end is…well flat. The fix was drilling a small divot on the shaft and using a pointy grub screw which goes into that divot. This prevent my shaft from working its way out. But I still have a problem with the can moving along with the shaft

2 Likes

I just put loctite 638 on my shaft and hammered it back in. I hope it’ll stay put this time.

Unless they changed the design/materials on these, the part where mount screws go is made out of soft aluminum… Not good. A positive thing is that torque/power is good with this motor. I wish it didn’t have all these design flaws, making it a real pain.

The red one looks like the Faraday motion “lightspeed” motor. It’s on their (Faraday) site for 70 EUR a piece. Don’t know anything about that one though.

Sealed motor craze might not even be worth it (for me anyway).

SK3 is now lasting over 3000 km and was driven in autumn/winter during snow and rain, mainly off-road. It never overheats either. Never had issues with stones getting stuck in there, just a bit of sand grinding (resolves itself by riding).

I’d just go for the maytech design / first link with that many issues related to the sealed motor. APS sells them cheaper though.

That’s a 6364, one size smaller.

Banggood has a terrible qc. Those are too expensive. I’ll stick to TB.

Doesn’t make sense. Banggood does not produce the motors, so how could they take care of QC. These motors are all sourced from the same factory/just rebranded.

2 Likes

I’d be interested in a pair of 170kv if you get a group buy going

I couldn’t help myself and ordered a pair directly from Flipsky. But I’ve ordered a pair of 150KV for my mountainboard build. I was in contact with them prior to ordering and they said they could produce 150KV or 170KV if required.

At only $89 a pop, worth a shot. After conversion I paid £153 which included the $23 shipping I think it was.

Did you ask them about the motor shaft thing ?

I’m happy enough with the 8mm shaft so I didn’t ask

I think he’s referring to where these motor model and clones are error prone due to the shaft

Yes… 10 char

Ah, I’ll check the grub screw for tightness when they arrive. Hopefully won’t have the issue.

Evolve does not accept faulty motors. Banggood accepts whatever. I got a faulty motor from banggood, sadly I know what I am talking about. Same motors but not same qc. I keep my words.

1 Like

I kinda agree with you. Of course banggood, Aliexpress,gearbest… Do not make qc nor demand it at all. I have never heard of an evolve DOA but i got some doa’s from those sites. Dealing with them is a pain in the ass because returning the goods is as expensive as the items. Either evolve makes the qc or demands it. Ordering expensive items from those sites is gambling.

1 Like

Just received the motors from banggood.

The motor come with temp. Sensor , but i dont think i will use this

Btw. I noticed that the shaft has two set screws in the can. Is this like all the others, or is this an improvement ? IMG_20180731_101357

1 Like

Hmm, no magnet retention ring. Not required I suppose but I’d prefer if it had one, could be tempted to 3D print one to glue in just incase the magents get loose.