New HGLRC (flipsky) motor from Banggood

My old motors before sending them back was alien 80mm… That was s crappy motor, and the glue for the magnets was just crap. I must say, overall this motor looks pretty decent, the glue for the magnets seems way Better.

1 Like

Motors received in 150KV, can’t wait to get them going. Anyone know an easy way to test the kv? Seen one method using a drill and multimeter, but seeing as they’re sensored shouldn’t there be an easier way? IMG_20180806_121458689_HDR

3 Likes

If you have a vesc/focbox run a motor detection with vesc tool and go in the console and type kv. Divide the result by 7. This gives you the kv

5 Likes

If this things decent I might use it for the budget boards I wanna build for some friends.

That was fast ?

Did you pay anything in VAT and custom ? Do they send from china…

I would like a custom 6384 /170kv motor :grinning:

I have been drivin the standard 6374/190kv version i bought from banggood, for one week now, and they work wonderfull

Ordered on 25th July, delivered via FedEx today. Nothing else to pay. I was I communication with them before hand just to make sure the custom KV wasn’t missed.

Nice thanks…

I will write them a mail. I want that 170kv as well :grinning:

@JonathanLau1983 BTW. Have you taken your motor apart ? I just noticed this in the description !!

Mine is definitely not with curved magnets. Wich would be nice. received_243597973143346

I’m away on business so won’t be able to check until Monday. I’ll let you know

At this price point they should have curved magnets…

But none of the esk8 motors i have seen has…

the pic above is not curved magnets. are they advertising as curved for the flipsky or am i confusing the motors?

I agree with you. Thats why i asked them, and got this answer.

Looking forward to se if my custom 150kv flipsky motors has curved magnets as advertised, or if this is simply just bad “chinglish”

Screenshot_20180808-080112

bummer they certainly dont look curved. but lets see the other side with the wires and the laminations can you measure them? and the motor leads…they seem to be the weakest part of motors we use…maybe worth fixing them down with something.

Just got a new reply Screenshot_20180808-085655

Keep pressuring them to refund you, its not their policy but they will do it eventually

You can do it with vesc tool

Curved magnets are useful for small motors so the can distance can be made smaller, but with motors this size the difference probably isn’t as noticeable?

SK3 have curved ones, and yess it all depends on the gap between magnets and stator

Got back to the office to a FedEx bill for £16.66 for Duty/Tax on the two motors. Just thought I’d let people know thinking of buying through Flipsky.

1 Like

Haha wow. Have you gotten to use the motors yet