New HGLRC (flipsky) motor from Banggood

Unfortunately not, just got back from holiday, away for work on 10th and getting married in October so probably won’t be November/December the way things are going :frowning:

5 Likes

Congratulations dude

Don’t do it bruv its a trap lol.

Congrats buddy!!!

2 Likes

Thanks lads!

1 Like

From the picture looks like plain simple epoxy so be careful to not overheat as the standard epoxy becomes brittle at bit higher temps like 60-80ºC

1 Like

I also did order some custom KV flipsky`s. 200km in mostly terrain and lot of amps, they are working perfectly fine. Time will tell how good they will hold Up. I ordered 150kv, but vesc-tool tells me that they are 165kv though.

IMG_20180820_184949

1 Like

Does this motor have the same problem of the can moving in and out? Also does it have magnet retaining ring like scepterr 's motors? Like seen below: image

No retainer ring :frowning:

But after switching to flipsky motors i have a wery loud high freq. Sound… It’s sounds like a gear drive , but it’s not. Why is it impossible to find a decent motor ? My old sk3 was just bulletproof , No weird sound at all, they are only missing the hall sensors.

@Kug3lis Do you know why the motors sounds like this ? Brand new…

Listen to this, at the beginning, FOC mode btw.

I have the same issue with my 6384 motors. The whining only occurs at a higher rpm. I think @Kug3lis had a similar problem caused by loose magnets and fixed it :slight_smile:

Thanks…

I guess i have to chase loose magnets then… :frowning:

What glue, are people recommend to glue them back in.

If i recall correctly loctite 604 (the green permanent stuff) is what people usually use

I used 648 or get loctite especially made for magnet glueing there is whole article shared here somewhere

1 Like

Are you only gluing them on the backside ?

All of the sides

U can’t determine if an epoxy can’t take heat from the color. it gets soft with heat not brittle. That magnet retaining ring may help with retaining a bit but i think it’s more so for spacing them evenly.

Maybe the bearings are the source of noise n u could squeeze grease in or take off the shields n put it in

My 1 day old motor with broken magnet had several magnets loose I was showing to guys just now what even new motors magnets could be removed I think 50 degrees are killing motor epoxy or etc stuff… Also another side motor witch I didn’t glued started making noises too and I think the noise source is that magnet gets off the metal can and starts rubbing stator, but I can’t be sure until I take that motor apart to see if there is scratch marks on stator

Actually I talked to the reseller on aliexpress of those motors and they can make changes to the motor like adding a retainer ring etc. Maybe we can get it up to @scepterr 's standard. I am not a regular so can’t organize a group buy but I would be interested in a pair of upgraded motors if the price is right. Maybe we can even get better prices from taobao.

EZO bearings, curved magnets (only makes sense if the bell or stator is also adjusted to close the gap) , retainer ring, high temp glue, conformal coated hall sensor pcb, silicone flexible phase wires, single strand heavy gauge motor windings.

1 Like

What size bearing are these motors using ?

I was just listing my ideal motor :wink: Sadly, they don’t seem to exist… Yet.

Scorpion apparently had some good quality motors available, but only in smaller sizes. I also know brotherhobby produced a few in the past, but they mainly produce high quality race drone motors.