New Hummie Hubs!

Forget friction drives.

The reduction can be solved, but you will never get around the fact that you loose up to 40% of the power (by some estimates I saw who knows how long ago) in the friction itself. Its just bad.

Edit: you also kind of need to redesign the outrunner construction in order for it to be able to support the huge load required for slip-free operation. Most outrunners are really not tolerant of any side loads to the bell.

2 Likes

Almost ready to ride the first 4x v4 hummie hubs! We’re trying a new thicker core we hope helps with the issues we’ve had in the past and a new core material. Mold should be ready today and it’ll be on any day now!

39 Likes

Looks good :+1:

Give me your clothes and your Hummies

IMG_8699

Enter the Humminator

4 Likes

What a beauty! :heart_eyes:

Simply gorgeous!

You should jus ride without urethane :slight_smile: lol. Those are sweet. I do like how Hummie’s motors look like a revolver. lol

3 Likes

yep they look like Arnold Schwarzeneggers gunfront up here :smiley:

2 Likes

That board with the black really looks much thinner. Very nice!

1 Like

Interesting, aluminium tape huh https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?588643-Silver-for-motor-windings

This is very interesting! It increases power and lowers heat by about 30%, at least it’s claimed.

1 Like

Skimmed through this thread… must have missed it… where are these sold?

@Hummie sells them for a bit less than 500 $

1 Like

We will be selling them for at least $600 when we have inventory. The pre-order pricing has gone from $400 over a year ago to $500 now and will keep going up as we get closer to inventory. Not sure if we are going to keep pre selling or not. If we run into a situation where we need immediate bucks for something, then we will pre sell another pair or 2. The next chance to purchase will likely be a kick starter campaign. These motors are worth at least $700 with the matching front wheels and trucks. All of the custom designs, hand wound to perfection, the attention to detail and the amount of testing that has been done to get to this point can’t be matched by any other hub motor manufacturer. So we’ll see where the final price sits when we can work out the exact costs for us.

7 Likes

I just want my motors for the summer :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I personally expect us to ship most, if not all, pre orders by the end of April, realistically speaking. Magnets and motor winding epoxy are 2 weeks out, But I could knock out magnets in bells in a week for all of the motors. By then, we should have most, if not all, motors wound and pressed, which is the most time consuming and risky part of the motor assembly. We can dip all of the motors within a few days, and final assembly takes only about 5 minutes.

The biggest factor in the shipping time in my mind is getting the core and wheels right. That could delay things still, but hopefully, we have some wheels to test by this weekend. Hummie was pouring cores all night last night. But for sure with in the next month, we’ll have all pre-order motors assembled.

5 Likes

I understand building the hype but have you tested it on some proper testing rig?

This latest design has not been thoroughly tested. But the changes from the last design, which I’ve been riding for the past 6 months, are minimal. They are the ones I used to race Derek on his 4wd beast and mojo on the raptor 2.

This isn’t our first motor, we’ve learned from every motor we’ve assembled and designed. The structural integrity of the design was simulated.

We will know soon 100%, but everything was designed to be overkill. Machanically, we can’t see any possibilities of failure. And electrically, we solved the only other issue besides heat, which is phase wire leads breaking. And the heat was solved also. There’s not much uncertainty in my mind.

6 Likes

How did you do against Derek (what was his 4WD motors?) and Mojo’s Raptor 2? Is yours 4WD also, and about what kv?

He never got to race Derek in his 4wd hummies vs carvon 4wd evo because micheal from Vegas was going to fast and crashed it , he did race Derek but Derek had a 4wd allien power gigantic motors with like 3x4s tattuu 22,000mah battery on sp2

3 Likes