New Hummie Hubs!

I hope itwon’t be too complicated to cast my 97mm wheels :wink:

I’m hoping we can do some different wheel sizes in the next week or so. I’m really curious to try a larger wheel. Now that I have one board going, im going to work on setting up another board with lipos this time to compare to.

5 Likes

I hope it won’t be too complicated to cast my 107mm wheels lol

2 Likes

If you have 107mm wheels then I want 107mm too!!! Are you going 2WD? If so, I’d like to negotiate to buy your 2 unused 107mm wheels :wink:

It’s not that they are harder, if anything maybe easier. But they will eat up more polyurethane, so they will cost more. And we don’t have matching sizes wheels for 2wd besides 83mm. But 4wd could do 83mm, 97mm, 107mm, or six shooters off the bat (still need to test six shooters, but I don’t think we will have any problems that can’t be over come.

1 Like

How would six shooters fit? Carvon style?

Good point, I got a set of the six shooter adaptors for Carvon last week. They work well, something like that makes sense.

1 Like

No, they are specially designed for hummies hub, no adapters. They sit partially on the hub, and partially off, and they would bolt on to where the plate normally is instead of the plate. So your weight wouldn’t be testing on the screws, but on the hub still, but the six shooter would be attached. Pyschotiller already did the designs and sent me the 3D files. They look good, just need to get a few made.

8 Likes

That’s great! Going to order 4WD 97mm or 107mm on a couple weeks! :smile:

2 Likes

Can you post a pic of the hubs in a six shooter??

Don’t have them yet, still need to get them machined. Working on it.

2 Likes

What KV those are going to be and what estimated top speed with 12s?

Would love for an adapter for some pneumatic wheels, and maybe merge with a lacroix board.

1 Like

Six shooters are still a bit away honestly. We have to figure out a wind that works for them and test and test and test lol. The tubes need to be able to do 150F at a min, safer if higher just in case. Could be a few weeks to a few months, depending on how quickly we get the orders out. Current motor assembly is the priority over experimental systems. But it will happen, just will take time.

Good news though, we are officially starting to shoot video for the kick starter campaign today. We would like to transition once these motors are shipped straight into the Kickstarter.

Would you not have to lower kV for six shooters? as the larger wheel would require more torque and you can’t compensate with gearing

Yes, which is why we have to play with it a bit which is why it’ll take time. New wind will take time, getting the parts machined will take time.

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry so much about temp because whole alu rim can work as heat sink. Question is can you do 40KV?

ever considered planetary gears into the hubs? Stary is an example but not a good one. (noisy)

Yea 40 kv wouldn’t be too hard. Likely just use a super thick gauge and only like 4 turns or something.

What’s your target price for the board?