New Hummie Hubs!

@skatardude10 what about a horizontal thrust force of ~85lbs?

( 15.69Nm wheel torque * 1000mm) / ((1/2) * 83mm wheel) = 378.07 newtons 378.07 newtons * 0.22lbs per newton = 84.99lbs

i count 4 major forces acting on the axle… the torque from the stator engaging through the threading, the thrust force, 1/4th the static weight of the ~200lb rider, dynamic forces such as from rolling over a pebble (which are partially absorbed by the tire)

1 Like

Been super busy lately prepping things to go out. By late tonight will be back to having like 12 sets done and another day or two another ten sets and that should be everyone. Long delays where I’m figuring out what to do or experimenting and after going through it deciding to send them as is and without the earlier mentioned alteration. So the risk is a bent axle but at least we then know the danger as apposed to doing the alteration myself and it’s uncharted territory again related to the torque forces on the axle as written just above.
So tonight the oven will be filled with bells :bell: stuffed with magnets that I finished last night and the pressure of my own words is kicking me.

In light of how long this has taken and my appreciation for all of you helping get this done and your long patience I have extra centrax wheels I’ll be throwing in(2) and extra motor tires (2) . I’m not trying to sell and make money but more so keep your support so we can get this to roll on Kickstarter and these just sit here anyway and had to buy in bulk

Tonight I’ll post up the photo of the many more done n we can go from there assuring addresses n shipping and another day or two n I’ll be finished putting magnets in the final bells and we can finish this.

14 Likes

The answer I was expecting my man ! Just a bit more of patience game :wink: your hubs with the HAYA integrated deck will be something huge…

5 Likes

i second this notion

2 Likes

These 6 sets almost done n going to the last of the USA people and also replacing the four USA people who sent back sets. Of those sent back one motor in the black mesh won’t work, but all the others were bearing probs from not assembling right. These newly done are good with the bearings. Still don’t know why that one black mesh one will only jitter. a long day again tomorrow. I’ll put these in the four boxes returning tomorrow and will show you something done tomorrow. I image image image image image image image

14 Likes

I need to send my motors back I just left them in mex

1 Like

What happened?

2 Likes

Probably just bearings

IDK how much difference it’s gonna make by sending them back if you don’t have the upgraded jp bearing

1 Like

What do you mean I don’t have that bearings?

I’m sorry. Jumped the gun a little but. Does yours spin at all or do you feel a lot of resistance hand spinning it?

1 Like

One get stuck in a spot but does spin it just gets stuck

I have the hubs aswell and im not sure what bearings i have. Can you send a video of what they spin like? Thanks

hm… weird it sounds like it could be the stator contacting magnet at a spot. im sure hummie tested all the motor before sending them out. it can also be the deformed bearing seal when he put on the C clip. Can you inspect the bearing seal on the big bearing? it’s the one on the inside.

How do I take them Apart? I got one of the first sets it could be the 3D printed part

Send it back and I’ll send u another or figure it out. These are all tested, spun foc n w current draw max 3amps at 1000rpm and that’s smooth. and glue them tomorrow and back in these four boxes returned and down the list with the rest. Been moving won’t bore u w details. I have a job where I’m home daily at 2pm and im busier than ever. Stupid mistakes learning but one day will surprise you and the mistake won’t happen for the fourth time image image @Blacksheep O yea maybe hopefully justbthe 3D part and some were deformed. I’d think it would grind out. When you hold the tire in one hand and truck in the other is there any movement or play? So need do more magnets in bells for these on table tomorrow too

2 Likes

@skatardude10 have you obtained any new axle simulation results?

1 Like

Not yet, it’s still on my radar though.

I haven’t been keeping track of ESK8 stuff much lately due to school (ugh), but I love coming back to this thread 3+ months later and see all the cool stuff you guys are doing! Keep it up!

2 Likes

Checking in with an update and a bump for this awesome thread.

I’ve got a few commutes in, with motor 80/-50 and battery 40/-12. Things are running very well

• about 30mph top speed
  • 22wh/mile, which puts my range at (15 x 2 x 3.3v x 2.3ah = 227.7wh, 227.7wh / 22w/mile = 10.35) 10.35 miles
  • ride is PLUSH. I think the deck has something to do with this too. Not missing 97mm wheels for vibrations.
  • the hummie deck mounts the trucks way at the extreme ends, and I think there’s a hammock effect that helps with vibrations. The deck is also very wide with a calm concave, comfortable.
  • The double drop means not much leverage over the trucks, so I might have to go one softer on the bushings. But Riptide Krank has so far lived up to the promise of big range of adjustability with adjusting the kingpin tightness
  • The torque is good enough at motor 80 battery 40. Brakes are a bit soft. Of course I’m gonna go up :slight_smile: but I want to get some time in at these settings. Motors to get hot, I think more from braking than anything else. One time, too hot to touch for more than a second or two.
  • The A123 pack is so far a champ, at 2p giving 40a per focbox. Sometimes focbox overshoots, at least in telemetry. I’ve seen 45a battery. The cells are old though, so sitting around after charge they settle to about 52v total.
  • Not much stuttering at startup. Almost feels like a sensored setup. I miss the BLDC noise :slight_smile:
  • freeroll is definitely not good. Hm maybe the heat is from bearings, and not the current?
6 Likes