New Hummie Hubs!

I believe so. Eith Japanese bearing, When I have the 10s setup, it only went up to 140F. I need to measure it again at 13s. I do feel it is significantly hotter but I can still rest my hands on the hanger.

the higher voltage battery system will do more motor current for the same battery current limit setting at the higher end of the rpm range, because at the higher rpms the power is limited by the battery current setting rather than being limited by the motor current setting as it is at low rpms-- ie higher voltage with the same battery current limit means more motor current is sustained at higher speeds and more peak powerā€¦

1 Like

Yes I understand that. I just need to measure the temperature again to find out the actual number. It is definitely safe from the 250F limit for the magnets glue and 300F for the magnets. Am I correct @hummie

But the power at the tire has a pretty fixed relationship to the heat put out based on the winding resistance with torque and heat produced. Higher v or lessā€¦if anything itā€™s probably more inefficient w the higher voltage. Weā€™ve done this question many times here and with simulations but no one has logged and compared.

The magnets are n48sh good to 300f but the glue strength varies with heat but it seems the best stuff around

But Iā€™m almost done a lot. Tomorrow will get six sets out and another 5 in like another day

@deucesdown maybe the bearing was put in wrong and compressing because till recently I was found it wrong n told people to send them back. If u want to send them I can make sure.

2 Likes

in the motor, the higher voltage battery indeed is less efficient during full throttle acceleration if the battery current setting is lower than the motor current setting, because the same battery current limit but with a higher voltage battery at the same rpm results in greater motor current than the lower voltage battery, and heating increases at the square of the motor current while torque increases only linearly with motor current, reducing efficiency.

but if the motor/battery current limit settings are the same value, then during full throttle acceleration the lower/higher voltage systems are equally efficient in the motor, because both systems will have the same motor current during the acceleration, regardless of the battery voltage, but the higher voltage system will have more top speed and peak electrical/mechanical power.

Do you think changing the motor amps will effect the top speed as well as acceleration? Sorry if this is a stupid question, Im new to this :slight_smile:

sounds like a question for the professor. ready to be lectured?

5 Likes

Ready as Iā€™ll ever be lol

1 Like

it wouldnā€™t affect the top speed unless you put it below 10-15aā€¦ only acceleration and hill climbing.

great, thank you!

i posted previously how much power it takes to maintain 30mph:

which agrees pretty well with:

3 Likes

Exceptā€¦ Iā€™m doing stop and go traffic with occassional excursions, sometimes prolonged, to 30mph. Average speed including red lights, etc., is 11-15mph.

22wh/mile still makes some sense considering youā€™ll use far more power than average during the accelerations in stop and go traffic while averaging 11-15mph overall compared to going 11-15mph @ constant speedā€¦

maintaining 20mph at constant speed should only take roughly 200w electrical or about 10wh/mile.

15mph constant speed should take about 80w electrical or about 5.33wh/mile

4 Likes

@skatardude10 I suspect when you simulate transmiting all leverage (and torque) forces entirely through an 83mmx77mm nut which is engaged with only the first 3cm of threading that emerges from the hanger, it will show that almost all that force becomes concentrated to mostly the ~1mm of axle or so between the motor and hangerā€¦

itā€™s also possible that since the motor is butted against the hanger, it could cause the bending forces applied to the outer edge of the motor to be converted into tension forces in the axle, since the interface between the motor and hanger would act as a leverā€¦

2 Likes

Have 14 sets here going out today to USA people and to euro and Australians tomorrow. Iā€™ll get prices for them to ur foreign address and back here tomorrow to tell u the cost for the shipping. If ur USA will send today and you donā€™t need to pay image

13 Likes

where r u guys located

San Francisco. Cali

1 Like

What about Canada Iā€™m in Vancouver

:heart_eyes: anyone tried to put these bad boys on AT pneumies?..like in the middle of a sixshooters @psychotiller hubs?..i would love to see something around these linesā€¦not sure how torque will look like.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll get the shipping cost there today after work n tell u. Out tomorrow