New on the block: Maytech VESCs

crap, I’ve only had an account for 75 days. I should have made one the month or so I was lurking.

Also, based on what onloop said you should like people’s posts more :grin:

4 Likes

@link5505 I don’t want to organize it I just wanted to buy two from them to check it out

I usually buy from group buys just to stay on top of the curve.

ok.

I will be personally buying VESCs from maytech soon to extensively test and make changes if needed. when that is done I will be selling organize a group buy on my website for anyone who still wants them. pricing will be anywhere from $80-$90 with free domestic shipping said site - www.nosam.bigcartel.com

2 Likes

@makepeace. Did you get the vescs and how long did it actually take from ordering to getting them. Are they any good. Customer service is only as good as the support and action by seller as you already know.

People are getting mad at the “Chinese” VESCs but I don’t get it. 90% of our stuff is made in China. Seems like there’s a lot of trust in their BMS’

1 Like

maytech and flier sell VESCs on aliexpress http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?catId=0&initiative_id=SB_20160802092444&SearchText=vesc

Yes, i think the main concern is Customer service. At this stage, the question is not if a VESC fails, but when.(Except mybe overbuilt vescs like @chaka or @elkick ones). In this case you need Customer service (or simply buy a new one, wich is easier with bms as they are cheaper)

I agree with @flatsp0t;

I had a chaka vesc running create for months (I bought one before he even offered the heatsink package), and just out of the blue when I was riding my board lost power and came to a halt.

Sent it back and got it repaired, but still, it shows any vesc can go south on you.

Im particularly interested in these vescs and how its gone as the original poster went off the wall about his previuos customer experience. Just think this alternative hasnt been proven yet and no one is commenting even if they have them yet.

Yours was just a loose cable, not a direct component failure. :grinning:

1 Like

But you discovered and fixed it, so good customer service. :thumbsup:

Our customers are responsible for building Ollin Board Company so we do our best to take care of them. Difficult to say how long we will provide a service warranty on VESC’s but we plan on offering a 2 to 4 year warranty on our complete decks, maybe longer. Difficult to say this early in our development.

4 Likes

@makepeace whats the update on these vescs. Did you get delivery of them and how long did it take for actual order to delivery.

I’ve got a flier VESC, haven’t tested it as yet. Bought it before I found the forums, had read about it on the Vedder.se page and buy from Ali on the daily so naturally when I saw them I jumped.

Email response is solid, around an hour during business hours. Couple days delivery by courier.

1 Like

How about the vescs themselves. How reliable is it. Any issues.

anyone seen this? https://world.taobao.com/item/537047557336.htm#detail

$70 and free shipping to USA.

2 Likes

@link5505 How can you understand this site in chinese, can you change the language? And if the site is in chinese, why would they offer shipping to US? Thanks.

1 Like

Looks like it only has one cap. i dunnnoo