New on the block: Maytech VESCs

You need to use google chrome, also although you can ship to USA using Taobao, its EXTREAMLY difficult, there are still some pages that can’t be translated, including the shipping page, so it’s difficult to fill it out. Most people do not use Taobao, a few will use an agent who will purchase it for you and then send it to you internationally, and even fewer will attempt to buy directly from Taobao.

1 Like

Is $20 worth it for a product that has the potential to nuke a battery, nuke a motor, nuke itself and you in the process :confused:

Even the cheapest build seems to be $5-600 dollars so we are talking a 4% discount on the total build cost at best.

honestly dead :joy:

Every other VESC has the same potential to ruin your parts.

Your point is well taken, however there is a long history of Chinese manufacturing companies using substandard parts in order to maximize profits. In many instances the designers have no clue until it is too late. They are small companies and cannot afford a QA staff overseas. Large companies have QA staff on site watching and testing incoming batches 24/7 like Intel, Apple etc. Chinese companies unfortunately have a bad wrap because the story has repeated itself far too many times. Good production is possible with proper QA. This has no bearing on Asians. Every single one I have met and dealt with are good hard working people.

2 Likes

let’s get back on topic now shall we

interesting - http://www.michobby.com/product/maytech-vesc-for-electric-skateboardse-bike/

1 Like

That is definetely Maytech produced VESC… and it looks quite good… even comes with bullets and looks like 10GA or 12 high strand silicone wire ??

it is quite a point in history… I think all vendors have VESC in stock !!

If only their prices were competitive! I’d pay 70 shipped tops for a Maytech VESC. If I’m spending 100 I might as well buy chakas

1 Like

Is that us price.

I got a quote from freerchobby for VESC 68usd/pcs exw shenzhen $22 express shipping…

I can’t find it being sold at $65 on AliExpress

i think @elkick had one in his hands and was a bit disappointed by the quality.

Many non genuine parts, caps values lower than specified by Vedder, bad solder joints, non working bootloader, FW containing max ramp step bug.

Those 2 VESCs have been delivered last week directly from the factory in China. Not matching their claims for quality at all.

But it matches the price they are asking for…

3 Likes

Do you have any feedback on those maytech vescs ?

Decided to go against it after hearing negative experiences from multiple people. @elkick can tell you more.

Good to know I was sceptical but now i decided to buy my vesc from esk8.de they look good and i heard great customer support reviews Btw @elkick how much is shopping to Milano Italy ?

1 Like

It’s 12.50 insured, which is not cheap - but then again I am sure that it arrives! :slight_smile:

Been away from the forum for a while. I’ve got mine and they are rocking my Maytech 6355s to 55 km/h. :grin:.

No issues so far after about 50 hours heavy use.

Build quality is also excellent. Although I don’t have any VESCs for comparison, they meet my standards from my experience of other PCB equipment.

Some photos (I took off the plastic wrapping and their branding sticker. No disrespect, Maytech :kissing_heart:):

6 Likes

How much did you pay for it?

The bulk order price - $65.00. Shipping was part of another order and worked out to about $4 per VESC to South Africa. Arrived in 17 days.