New Raptor 2 Remote

lol! I’ve driven from Sydney to the Goldcoast, it’s a looong journey. But a great experience, stopping to surf (badly) at the awesome beaches along the way.

2 Likes

Slow mode is actually amazing, i can push the throttle all the way, and its really smooth accelerating.

However, they said something in the remote is “limited” to 80% in slow mode, so the braking power is much reduced.

I have tried different modes in Ackmaniac bluetooth app, and find the intermediate mode pretty good also.

I believe the issue with me is, the board is powerful and i am new to skating, so its not a good match until i can learn to handle it.

yeh slow mode use 85% of the throttle both in acceleration and brakes which sucks. Then adjust the setting only by reducing motor max and battery max so that you can have R-spec and do not fly. Although I don’t think that changing settings from the ackmaniack app will work. As I said you need is own firmware on the vesc.

Changing settings from Ackmaniack app does work, when i press intermediate or beginner mode, it changes how the board reacts.

However it defaults back to original when i turn the board off and i need to select mode again, but it works when i do that.

in that case on the main page of the app after changed the mode if you keep press on the mode it will tell you " do you want to set current mode as default one?" YEs and the setting stays

in mode creator at the bottom you have special curve to adjust the throttle.

Damn man i never knew the save default setting existed, will do that for sure!

At the moment, the default R Spec is Max M 80A, Min M -50A. Max B 30A, Min B - 10 A (it is in “current” mode)

Can you recommend a setting for a beginner which is not too slow but has good braking?

I do not see any mode creator for throttle curve

if you would have the ackmaniac firmware you could sett the watt but in your case try

Motor max 30A battery max 20A

If braking are fine stay like that if you want more bring Motor min to -60A.

In mode creator

Use special throttle curves vescmonitor

2 Likes

I have found the special throttle curve from mode setup, i am making custom mode now.

I will take a screenshot for you to show my settings

1 Like

Also, i can change to watt mode from current and also can put “reverse” function… it seems i dont need to change firmware to access this from ackmaniac

yes I know but better stay with current mode. I am pretty sure watt mode is not supported in the BLDC tool. Once upgrade the firmware then definitely watt mode. To understand now current mode doesn’t exist anymore.

1 Like

screengrab-20190409-230506

What is difference between watt and current?

These are settings you recommended.

screengrab-20190409-230849

in this way you have lower acceleration and more instant brakes, is that what you wanted? Anyhow is too much. First try with the reduce current settings and try it maybe is already enough. Then reduce the throttle buy way less. use natural exponentianl function and starts with - 8 for instance. It affects a lot.

This is the default throttle settings from Ackmaniac, i have not changed anything in them.

It is night time now, i will have a look and test these settings tomorrow and give you an update for sure man, much appreciate the knowledge you give!

1 Like

Try first without the thottle curve. Then if you still do not like it apply a less invasive one as I suggested. then adjust base on feeling, but I ma sure the adjust current setting will already do the trick.

No problem man, any time :wink:

1 Like

Hi mate, i tried your settings tonight on a cruise ride.

They are amazing, i now have complete control of the board, and the braking is amazing also.

I did not use a custom throttle curve, just the default.

I used Watt mode instead of current.

I will stay on these settings for 1 month, and then increase power by 5 on each.

Also, the battery is amazing, i cruised for 1.5 hours and it went down from 70 to 35%.

1 Like

good happy of that. Battery is extended now since you use less power. I thought you don’t need the throttle curve anymore since you reduce the power. watt mode I am 9% sure that you can also deactivate it since the BLDC tool on the vesc doesn’t know how to read it

1 Like