New Vesc7 75V 300A single motor ESC šŸ˜Ž

600Ā£,

Total prices must include all charges, fees and taxes

Lets maybe try keep the same policy here as is mandatory on your website.

1 Like

Iā€™m confused how this VESC is supposed to work. Itā€™s good for one motor, so why is there three cables for each phase. What motor would you connect it to that has three cables per phase? Iā€™ve read the thread and saw some vague answers, but perhaps someone can explain how this works in more detail please?

Dude the 3 wires are explained in the thread. Itā€™s not even a long thread.

Itā€™s literally the 5th and 6th reply above yours

Thatā€™s a brilliant idea!

1 Like

Yes, I already said in my comment Iā€™ve read the thread, but didnā€™t really get how that was supposed to work.

All it says it they did that so the cables wouldnā€™t be so crazy thick and bending wouldnā€™t be a problem. It doesnā€™t say anything about any motors itā€™ll hook up to.

1 Like

Youā€™re over-thinking it. Itā€™s just three wires in parallel per phase to increase the current capacity. So instead of connecting one wire from ESC to motor phase 1, you connect 3 wires. Exactly the same concept as overhead power transmission lines, ever noticed how they have multiple parallel wires strung between the towers? So instead of 3 wires, they have 3 sets of 2? That is because single thicker cables canā€™t be rolled up onto small cable reels.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure if it has been said already, but I could seriously see this ESC being used in combat robotics. I read some threads on other forums a while ago where they were looking for high power ESCā€™s with VESC capabilities.

Plus with big competitions unit cost isnā€™t that important when the robots are already tens of thousands of dollars.

1 Like

The problem about big cables is that they are stiff and consume space since the minimum bending radius is big. Three thinner wires in parallel are less space consuming and the device can also be kept a lot flatter (18mm only). On the input side we have one power cable per motor phase. Again, thin wires small bending radius, less space consumed. Also the PCB needs to carry less current if you have multiple attachment points. We do not need to run 300A over the PCB, since the battery cables attach directly to the power stages of each motor phase. It looks funny, but technically it is a very capable, compact and simple design. At 300A you really want to avoid that the PCB sees a lot of this high current. Everything in the power stage is kept short and is condensed to the very max. The cooler the device runs, the more power you can push.

1 Like

You also get a higher cooling area per cross section. Question is also how the batteries for such a monster look like, if you want to use full power for more than some minutes. I would suggest to bind 6 plugs together to connect to 3 batteries which are coupled on every cell level by balancers and make an intermediate star point to share the loads.

God damn that thing is a beast Frank! @trampa

Correct me if Iā€™m wrong but I see 3 sets of motor wires on this. Can you program multiple on one like a unity? Second question, 75amp continuous, is there a higher burst amp on that or is it just solid at 75? Would be great for a race board!

Itā€™s one controller for one motor only. The load is just split to multiple wires. You canā€™t run multiple motors like the unity. Itā€™s 75V not 75a :wink:

2 Likes

My bad, confusion with the original link which shows different for some reason.

Title needed changing tbh. Looking at all those phases got me at first too. Thinking 3 wheel drive.

1 Like

Id be happy with a 75v / 50amp controller. Once you get to such high voltage you dont need much amps. At least on a skateboard you dont.

1 Like

I think that people will have to accept that this is just too much for a longboard xD multiperson longboard would work. E-foil, gocart, even a electric motorcycle/moped. but using the 22500W of power on a boardā€¦it dont see an application for it for general useā€¦Just the weight of this application an a boardā€¦ xD just no.

1 Like

Turbine driven e-boardā€¦ I can see it happening.

2 Likes