No lights on focbox and wont connect to laptop :(

“As per the tech team, your item is shorted and it’s not a manufacturing defect. So you have to buy the platinum warranty to get a replacement or repair freely (Warranty purchasable here: http://www.enertionboards.com/warranty/1yr-focbox-replacement-warranty/) or you have the option to ship the faulty unit to our agent in US or Canada to get paid repair service Best,…”

i said it didnt make sense as it looked fine and how did it short…

“our tech agent said “Well if the blue led is off, something is shorting out the 5v” So it does makes sense”

I don’t think I have ever heard of a company with this short of a warranty period on a nice item from a manufacturer.

1 Like

exactly i cant get over how it went like a few feet up the road and blows…i had it set up right and cant see how it would have shorted …seems like a cop out to me

I am doing a build right now for a customer using 4 brand new Focboxes and the same thing just happened to one of them. Plugged it in, connected to the bldc tool, hit read configuration and it went dead. Now, no lights, nothing. The other 3 are fine and went through detection perfectly.

1 Like

Is it the torque drive 4wd?

Yuuuup! Howard’s probably not super stoked right now…3wheel drive is retarded.

I got a loner focbox , u wana barrow it and use it and when the other gets fixed just give me that one ? My 4wd is out for 2-3 weeks no battery:( send it back to @barajabali amazing dude

9 Likes

I’m down!!! Do you need an enclosure for being so cool?

2 Likes

That is awesome what you just offered!

1 Like

I am having a feeling that these are a product of them not having them at the beginning of there cyber Monday sale. Switching factories/ staffs. I think there may be more of a quality issue out there than they know.

3 Likes

I live in LA , maybe jerry can give it to u , or u can pick it up , only issue I can see that my focbox has xt90 and 4.5 bullet connectors.

They never switched factories for focbox is what I was told

I can switch the connectors. no big deal. i just ordered a new one from LHB, but it won’t ship for a little while. I can cruise out to jerry’s shop tomorrow I guess. do you need anything from the Psychotiller?

I only work part time 2 days of the week with jerry high school student. (Saturday-sunday ) I can go drop it off today to jerry so you can go stop by his place Tommorow

4 Likes

You’re the man Miguel!!!

I don’t really need anything am kinda set , your enclosure for the evo 4wd is still holding up really well after it flying 5 feet into the air lol.

1 Like

someone was saying that the phase wires are the biggest culprits but they were fully plugged and no wear etc…

The phase wires here are good and were plugged in properly to the motor as well.

2 Likes

I think they rushed to get orders out at a semi reasonable time not like people just now getting them and they didn’t test them first. It would be interesting to see how many people got cyber Monday focbox and how many have died. I have 2 and I’m in the process of finishing ip my first build so hopefully mine work.

I had one that died. Same story with support although the fet fried?