No more free speech on the forum?

The thing is, I burnt up 3 esc’s and 3 motors before I learned what I was doing. I made all of the rookie mistakes before I ever bought a vesc. I spent many hours researching it, read all about the issues I could have and how to avoid them. The thing is, if you studied enertion, you would know they switch through 3 factories in china which all produced some good and many poor quality vescs. Chaka has stated the number one reason he believes vescs are breaking so easily is not user error, but poor manufacturing.

If a particular vendor claims to have a stellar reputation for a product, when many users have had nightmares with a fraction being user error and no CS to help, somethings wrong. And the community should know that. Like I said, I had a bad experience. Many others have also. If this becomes a pattern (which for a while before these kinds of threads got shut down), it speaks about a company. And it’s information the community should have.

If you want to blame everything to user error, then you’ve never experienced buying a product, to have it crap out on you immediately under proper operation or come broken, and get no refund/replacement/repair. And those products are 100’s of $$$.

This thread is still open isn’t it?

Personally I’m shocked how much free speech is permitted on this forum relative to other product forums. It’s why I keep coming back. I was going to buy a raptor and didn’t because of the raptor 1 issues thread I saw, so… it’s not all rosy for Enertion, this forum is as much a risk for onloop as it is a boon.

I also want to mention, aside from onloop’s monetary investment in this platform he’s also invested a lot of effort in making this platform highly visible and trafficked. Early on he put tons of information on this site to get the traffic, just plain old hustle got this forum to where it is today.

I personally don’t agree with all the moderation that happens on this forum, for example, I agree with willpark original post. However, I believe that forum owner has the absolute right to moderate the speech here.

Freedom of speech is not anywhere absolute or even the most important value there is – even in the U.S. which has some of the broadest protections for speech it’s ok to prohibit certain speech like obscenity, defamation and so on. I don’t think people always get that you have to have balance.

@the comments towards all moderators treating enertion based negative feedback: I’ve never seen any mods except onloop do this, so it’s unfair to put all the other mods into this basket. They all seem pretty fair in my opinion.

@the comments about complaints about products being annoying: If this were the real reason 90% of enertion complaints get hidden/renamed/threatened against then why is it we have seen so many generalisations (border line racist) comments from the majority here, more so onloop himself Comments being “don’t buy that cheap chinese shit, it’s shit etc etc”

@the OP, don’t be surprised when you get banned, see example below: This below message resulted in me being stopped from creating topics and message threads. It was in relation to one of the threads that has been mentioned here that then got renamed and closed

1 Like

Whats wrong with giving a refund?