Noob question thread! šŸ˜€ ask your questions here!

Is a 10A 32v fuse too small to run, ive seen a lot of people saying 58v but I canā€™t get them locally and shipping is 25$+ I have a 42v 2a charger, 2x 5000mah lipos

Nah 58V is better but 32V will work if you canā€™t get the 58V ones

@onloop Iā€™ve sent you a message on IG.

1 Like

Hey guys, Iā€™m building my first esk8. Iā€™m a complete noob. I have one (1) 170kv 6374 motor from Maytech, VESC 4.12 rated 50A, 97mm abec style wheels, 15t/40t pulley gears, and Iā€™m looking to fit all that and a battery pack along with its BMS on a 2015 9-ply maplewood, stiff, downhill longboard from Sector9, trucks are caliber 2s, and I weigh 215lbs with jacket on. My question, what should be the best option for the battery and BMS? I see this motor can use up to a 12s battery pack but Iā€™ve read alot of conflicting arguments for and against that. Considering itā€™s single motor drive, would 12s4p be overkill? If anyone whoā€™s used a similar build with single drive and/or used the maytech motors, let me know. Thank you all!

If the vesc is a flipsky, you might have some issues later on. Everything else is fine. But if you have some larger hills, one motor wonā€™t be enough. For battery, 12s is fine, if you wasnā€™t using the flipsky esc. Good luck on your build.

1 Like

Thanks, I got the VESC from maytech as well, so should be no compatibility issues there at least. Iā€™ll stick another motor on there down the line. Just needed the communityā€™s assessment on what XsYp the battery pack should be. Would a 12s3p battery using 40T cells be enough/problematic? I see one on Mboards rn that isnā€™t sold out like the rest.

Iā€™m not sure on maytech, but I havenā€™t heard anything bad about them. However, do not buy the battery pack from mboards. They are poorly made. If you want a decent battery pack, you can ask members in the other forum or buy eovan 12s3p battery. Their battery isnā€™t really terrible. I havenā€™t heard much about their battery though so itā€™s a gamble.

1 Like

Nice. See, these things are good to know. Iā€™ll look around the forum for a battery maker. Need one with BMS that has charge/discharge capabilities. Also, Iā€™ll check out that eovan one. Thank you good sir!

I am searching for an off terrain electric skateboard to help me cook and transport food to the poor in Bangladesh much easier in villages with rocky roads. But it is so hard to find the limits of what airplanes allow. is it 160Wh, or 300Wh? its confusing. I think i remember evolve carbon gt having flyable good skateboards at 160wh at like $1500. but i think they discontinued it. I am hoping for one around $500. but i guess iā€™ll try to save for whatever works. I researched for hours. i canā€™t find anything other than that which is off terrain and flyable without issues. Can you transport through mail?

plz help with my question i posted recently. I am new. What is the best way for me to find an answer to my problem.

99wh is airplane safe. Anything higher is dependent.

plz help me with my problem. im trying to find an all terrain electric skateboard which is allowed to be on planes which is up to 160 watt hours with no issue. some say 300 online but itā€™s so confusing. Itā€™ll help me transport food to the poor in villages much easier after cooking for them. the roads are too rocky. Im new so i dont know how to get my post more views so i can get some advice easier.

I am trying to find an off terrain electric skateboard that is flyable. i canā€™t find any. evolve gt used to have one but i think its discontinued. anything under 160wh that is flyable and off terrain is what i need.

That I donā€™t know who sells. Best to DIY.

Ok so first of all thank you for all you seasoned pros that take their time to help noobs like me! I have a Yawboard(minus the handlbar) which I believe has a 10S5P with samsung 25Rā€™s and dual 6368 hobbywing motors. I bought a Focbox Tenka(70A motor current) and I also bought the Titan-X55(x2) from massive stator before learning about all the drama and shitty business tactics getting dudes hurt or just ripped off. So my question is can I install the Focbox Tenka as well as the Titan-X55 motors onto the Yawboard without having to bypass the bms? Can I just plug and play swap it, then just do the VESC setup or do I need to do some soldering? Again thanks for taking the time guys! or gals!

Ha. Just remember to keep below 70 amps and you should be fine.

That depends on the bms itself and battery. If the bms is rated higher that the battery amp, then you donā€™t have to. Youā€™re not gonna want to go higher than 70 amps on the tenka. If you get cut offs, then you will have to bypass (honestly, just do this for benefited reasons).

You may have to do some soldering if some of your plug and play isnā€™t very ā€œplug and playā€ like. For example, the motor plugs if theyā€™re not the same.

Hi guys just wondering is it possible to put 12s12p p42A on a flux motion deck and enclosure . The vesc would be mounted at the top so I was thinking to put more cells in the enclosure

If it fits, it fits.

hello, i have a problem with my DIY E-Skate. Ive bought esc from Flipsky called ā€˜Dual FSESC4.20ā€™ and ā€˜VX2ā€™ remote with reciever. Ive tried everything even through Vesc-tool but nothing works. Everything is connected even the remote but for some reason motors does not spin but thhrough Vesc-tool the do spin. Ive tried re-connecting remote ut still same efford.

Did you set up the remote in vesc tool as well? You need to set it as well.