Hi everyone! Firstly, a thank you to the owners and mods of this forum; it’s an incredibly valuable resource, especially for a first timer, like me!
I’ve skateboarded pretty much all my life but on shortboards. I’ve always fancied a longboard but just never took the plunge. I’m 32 years old now and I don’t get to skate much these days but I have a 3 year old son so I’m hoping that gets to change over the next few years.
I first came across esk8s, like many, via Casey Neistat’s YouTube channel. I couldn’t believe the speed and range he was getting! So, I did some reearch on boosted boards and almost chocked on my brew when I saw the £1,500 price tag! After much googling and reading up I came across this, awesome forum!
Anyway, enough of the background, onto my proposed build! I thought I’d post my build as it may help some other UK folk gather relevant parts and also, you guys can tell me how much I’ve got wrong!
This is, to a degree, a budget build. I’ll be buying bits each month I get paid. I thought I’d start with a complete longboard as I can have some fun rocking it for a while whilst I gather other parts.
Here’s what I’m thinking:
• Base board: Two Bare Feet Parker - £60 (great reviews for such a cheap board! Had it delivered today and I’m very impressed! I’d love to get a Loaded Vanguard eventually).
• Motor mount: I’m hoping to pick up a motor mount from @WSB on here, they look awesome!
• Motor: Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6374 192KV Brushless Outrunner Motor from Hobbyking.com (stock available in UK warehouse at time of post)
• VESC: FOCBOX from Enertion
• Batteries: 2 x Turnigy 5ah 5s1p 35-70C Lipos Hobbyking.com (wired in series to create a 10s1p battery) - will add two more in parallel in time to get my range increased. (stock available in UK warehouse at time of post)
• Control: I’ll be using a normal RF RC remote for now but I have plans to build the awesome Firefly remote by @solidgeek
My last project was my Prusa i3 3D printer so I’ll be printing the battery / electronics enclosure. Some great ones on thingiverse.com/
I’ve used the brilliant esk8 today caluclator to help work out the components to get.
I’m still researching pulleys, belts and wheels. I may need different trucks too. Probably caliber 2s.
Right, what have I got wrong / forgotten!?
Thanks for reading guys! Super excited!