Official Motor Thread

Too bad they’re always out of stock.

They’ve only been out of stock twice in the last 2 years.

but once they did go out of stock, they stayed that way for a long time

haha if you look at turnigy 63mm motors right now, they are all out of stock except for the really low kv ones too…

they do all the time with the lower kv version :wink:

1 Like

I have actually discovered that Maytech uses another manufacture for their motors. They are essentially a “middle man” hence the abnormally high price of the R-spec motors. I began to suspect this when they started offering me other components such as the china brand eboarding remote etc. I believe they are made by Sunpower located in Shenzen. I am still investigating this since I would rather not sell motors at double the retail value.

1 Like

I think the end customer would also not like paying double the retail value :smile:

I hope you are able to help find some lower cost, yet still high quality eboard motors in your search for the original manufacturer.

1 Like

are the Tacons available anywhere now?

Looks like they are out of stock again: http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m608-bigfoot160-5335-245kv.html

Really wish I bought more than 4 of these motors when I had the chance. Might have to give them a call and find out when they will be getting more in stock (562) 949-9860

That may also explain why the packaging, labeling and such are all the same too.

1 Like

It always bugs me a little bit when I hear the term high quality when referencing tacon motors. Fact is, their motors are high quality. They were high performance 14s motors before rspecs were available. If they weren’t, show me the threads where they were failing.

1 Like

The tacon 160 motors are actually larger than the r-spec. The r-spec is a variant of the Tacon 110. I think we could probably get hobbypartz.com to carry a 190kv version for us if we press them hard enough.

2 Likes

has anybody considered a group buy from hobbypartz on these motors? seems like we could easily get 15-20 motors from this forum. Maybe we could get a few bucks off each motor.

Al…

my 6S beater needs new motors anyway. And a battery. I was just going to make a whole new box and move it over to the Scarlet platform anyway.

If we can group buy some Tacons, I’d be down. I Definitely want to experiment with them.

1 Like

Yeah I know. My commentary was received awhile back with a definite lack of celebration…

The 110s are available. http://www.hobbypartz.com/96m607-bigfoot110-5325-295kv.html

How do you compare these Tacons motors with the R-Specs? They are half the price!

There’s a reason why you haven’t heard any complaints about tacon motors. And it definitely isn’t the price!

holy crap a 295kv 6355. talk about top end. and backed up by more torque than the 5060 270s i’m using now… these are racing motors.

i may not be able to wait for a group buy. lol

1 Like

Is there a way that you can tell you will get more torque with a motor other than it having a bigger size?

smaller motor gear and bigger wheel gear

I thought it was a physical attribute of the magnets being further away from center, other than voltage, which determines available torque.