Ownboard Dual VESC V6.6

um yes it does, its like saying swapping out the v1 meepo remote for the new hobbywing remote wont help

(btw the v1 remote is complete trash)

plus ownboard is not even alowed to advertise their esc as “vesc” as its trademarked, cough cough,:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

not gonna happen

the board is gonna be 800+ guaranteed

^and i dont consider that mid range

@AlanZhou well in that case, any vesc sold by TB (or literally anyone other than vedder) can’t be advertised as a “vesc”, but I don’t see anyone complaining about that. With regards to that remote argument, the v1 remote is trash, but ownboard only use the hobbywing esc. there would be no reason to change the remote, it works and it works well. If these new boards with vesc and direct drive (whether it’s mid range or high/mid range, it’ll certainly be cheaper than any direct drive currently on the market) work well enough for the average consumer to not have to worry about having to send it in for repair, then it works well enough to not need insane configurability. anyone who wants a ton of configurability isn’t buying an ownboard. people like me who enjoy tinkering but don’t have time to build a board from the ground up would very much appreciate a product like this.

again, not everyone wants the same thing from a product. just cause it’s shitty for your purposes doesn’t make it objectively shitty.

lawsuits have been filed arleady lol

how about elofty they sold at 310$ shipped

they arent advertised as vesc, please read, there’s a reason they say, “based on vesc”

I mean if they say “based on vesc” then I bet ownboard will too. The elofty is one board, it’s always nice to introduce more competition.

^this is never gonna happen btw

low cost = cut corners usually

nah they blatantly said vesc, Also its meant to be a joke against t*ampa, if you have read though the fourms you whould have know

yes but your claim was it would be cheaper then any DD on the market

i am still looking forward of the dual 6.6 from own board though.

no idea about the tramp drama, soz. low cost = cut corners yeah but apparently they cut the right corners since I’ve yet to have any problem with my ownboard. and the elofty DD is not a complete board, overall it’d end up being either similarly priced or cheaper than the cost of building a complete board with elofty DD, don’t you think? I’m excited to see how they do

are you using ownboard hubs? if you havent broke those then it means you dont ride hard.

have you tried the dual 6.6 yet and have you tested their dd?

just because a company has one good product dont mean the rest of their products are good

I am using their hubs, they’re pretty great. I made mods to be able to use a single belt drive too when I want to. no I haven’t tried the 6.6 or the DD. Why, have you?

no thats why im not saying their good or bad

im just saying that some of their design choices are a bit bad

what design choices do you consider bad? they offer the samsung 30Q, and the hobbywing esc is as standard as it gets

omfg, i was talking about their new dd and 6.6

i was not talking about their previous board lol

ah I see. well I guess we’ll see soon enough!

It’s important to be clear about which product you’re referring to so Alan knows what to poop on.

1 Like

Hes an angry young man. Full of vim and vigour sir!
I think hes @b264 s love child.

1 Like

So guys I got one and for now it works great

1 Like

did this ownboard vesc based esc ever come into market?