Paris / Caliber2 adjustable base plate_The Hammock Base_Sick of Angled Risers! :-) 2nd Round GB_Closes on 30/06/19

The only post you need to read :wink: UPDATE 02/04/19

EDIT, moved on top for clarification:

Price as low I can get it for 10 sets ( 2 base plate) is 120 Euro shipped to EU. 10-15 Euro more for US. Rest of the world need to check but will be similar. Material Aluminium 7075. I will include 3 bolts and nuts for the angle adjustment. Size compatible with the Skate tool, always handy like that :wink: Colour black anodised, but I think we can choose other too. Price should stay.

Who is interested to get an adjustable base plate truck for Paris and Caliber 2, TB hanger?

Pool here https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/paris-caliber2-adjustable-base-plate-the-hammock-base-sick-of-angled-risers-gauging-interest-120-euro-shipped-for-two/88220/18?u=rey8801 Seems already perfect fit for Paris hanger :wink: I will add an extra hole on the base for really extreme angles. Just in case.

Hello, in this period I am rather inspired. As someone probably knows I would like to make a short AT using my MAD Fury DD

image image

The deck is in production, the electronics is here. The only thing I can not get rid off it is the ugly angled raiser…so I thought to make something should have been done before. It’s just the first approach but looks ok. I am going to print it to test today nad ask already a quotation for machine it. It is just adjustable base plate. The same other trucks have it, but did not find it for Caliber or Paris. I normalyy used them, Mad Fury is Paris based so why not? Still have to check paris-Caliber compatibility. Except for a slightly different pivot cup I do not see too much difference. I made custom hanger for caliber that fits Paris base plate.

Anyhow it will allow a lot of angle, probably too much :joy: As usual I made is simple, to be quality, but still feasible to machine it. Final cool aesthetic, but useless :sunglasses: , particulars will be added later. Let me know if you see something weird there. The only thing that the truck would be about 20mm higher but since it is made for AT decks then is actually better. Welcome to the Hammock Base :grin:

IMG_20190326_091851 IMG_20190326_091902 IMG_20190326_091912

Need to find caliber truck to test it. I order TB truck but still not here and the other caliber are gone :sweat_smile:

One set is mine… Booked! Of course more sets better price., but has to be at least double I guess, otherwise for them is the same.

No angled riser please! Price is really what they ask plus taxes and shipping. It will never be so low again. I need to build :laughing: Of it happens is gonna be fast. Ciao :wink:

Final version ON GOING: V3

Aestetich_V3rounded Aestetich_V3roundedrear

V2

Aestetich_ HammockdHammockdu

Deck fit

MiniAT_AssemblyHammock3 MiniAT_AssemblyHammock2 MiniAT_AssemblyHammock

Draft Adj_Plate_2019-Mar-25_12-47-43PM-000_CustomizedView39446653238_png Adj_Plate_2019-Mar-25_12-48-31PM-2000_CustomizedView25282357287_png Adj_Plate_2019-Mar-25_12-48-31PM-2000_CustomizedView252824357287_png

16 Likes

@ervinelin that what I was thinking to do.

2 Likes

Man… This makes me really want to build my mill…

2 Likes

yeh but I am gonna ask for professional machining quotations. With my mill it’s possible but will take a lot of time. If they ask too much then I will make it by my own as usual :sunglasses: Plus I got all the new drivers and step motors. My CNC will go under surgery soon

1 Like

Let me know what they charge, just curious :joy:

1 Like

yeh probably too much :rofl:. I keep it simple for this reason.

For less stress on the screws, you could do a invert T on the red part, so the vibration are a little more distributed But that’s just a little thing, I think it will be okay without

1 Like

Do you mean read outside and grey inside?

Awesome !! Congrats Alessio, once again !!! Great work, I’m sure with a GB of 10pcs it could happen.

I was looking for SR truck,… but now thinking about a Mad Rey truck set :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

ahahaha As usual I start from the name The hammock made me laugh so it’s perfect. No really at the beginning I stopped my self from do it, but every time I visualised the piece of plastic that I would use as riser and the waste of lines and space I couldn’t resist. I hope the price would be right. Although I kept it simple, is still not so easy to machine it. I always make the parts in a way that I could also do it with my tools. In this way should be feasible for companies. Going to test it a bit in the next days. Everything to have a sick short AT board :rofl: I am totally gone…or MADman :sunglasses:

1 Like

What is the price of these adjustable baseplate

As I said. Still do not know, they are fresh made it. I asked today. I will know it tomorrow. Asked for 20 pieces, so like 10 dual sets. I will post it. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

We’re all looking for these, looks great

An ATB version which allows channel truck on a longboard deck would be great, even better if mountainboard -> regular trucks

1 Like

Start printing now! I think it was just time to make something like that. I hope I can get it done thst fits both Paris and caliber since those are the one I used the most. It will hold standard m10 king pin and not the crap pressed king ping thst if you use barrel bushings won’t be long enough. I had to drill many trucks to make them fit longer king pin. Included real Paris truck. This will fit whatever lenght since it’s interchangeable.

2 Likes

There are maybe about 50sets which would be fairly snapped up on you depending on price. Maybe consider getting a quote on that number as well

Not sure if SR are going to do a thing quickly about a GB.

Oh and have a think if there is any way to engineer in a solution to different ride heights Front/Rear due to disparate angles- that would be an evolution over the SR

1 Like

I though SR only fits SR hanger. Awesome product but I want to give something good to convert TB truck, caliber, Paris mainly because is what I use :laughing: and I want to give it at a fair price. Now with 10 pairs probably not that easy. 25 pairs for sure way better. Keep the same axle height is possible but then degree are limited to like plus minus 7. In my case is not enough. In case of difference in height you will only need to compensate with short risers, few mm compare tp the 30mm I would need without

1 Like

Sorry yes SR have a different setup, foremost to mind given they made this once upon a time

Yes simple risers solve the height difference

2 Likes

Seems already perfect fit :wink: I will add an extra hole on the base for really extreme angles. Just in case.

IMG_20190326_091851 IMG_20190326_091902 IMG_20190326_091912

That a original Paris truck. Need to find caliber truck to test it. I order TB truck but still not here and the other caliber are gone :sweat_smile:

Anyhow got the price. If we could get 10 pairs (2 hammock front and rear) I can provide it for 120 Euro shipped in EU and plus 10 euro for US. Ah I went for Alu 7075, stronger than classic Alu for this project. Black anodised. The colours we can choose, as long we agree on a couple of them and not like rainbow pearl with gold reflex :rofl:

One set is mine… Booked! Of course more sets better price., but has to be at least double I guess, otherwise for them is the same.

Who is interested to get a adjustable base plate truck for Paris and Caliber 2, TB hanger?

• Yes, I am in
  • No

0 voters

I really need to make it happen, no angled riser please! Price is really what they ask plus taxes and shippong. It will never be so low again. I need to build :laughing: Of it happens is gonna be fast. Ciao :wink:

5 Likes

Seems like about the same price as the SR kit, no way to bring that down?

Really last time I checked was like 79 euro each piece plus shipping. So 160 euro plus shipping. This one is 120 shipped for two!