Pave-X 2 Wheeler | 2nd Build | 8" Pneumatic | Single SK3 6374 192 kv | VESC | Homemade Deck | 10S Lipos

Haven’t weighed it yet but it’s significantly lighter than my other board. The struts and steering mech are aluminum so not too heavy. The steering is getting easier with practice. It’s pretty precise but definitely different than a skateboard. The challenge makes it pretty fun to ride.

2 Likes

That’s some excellent craftsmanship

My board is based on the same concept and weights 9kg :smiley: but it’s all alu and G10 fiberglass laminate, BUT hey, thats still far less than my 16kg Trampa :joy:

mh 9kg is still quite a bit… I assume the middle section is pretty heavy…

Single drive mountainboard with 6inch wheels and ~400wh / 36cell battery weights 10.2kg or so…

Without battery it was about 8.2kg

With the heavier 9’'inch wheels it is about 11.8 kg or so I think, wheels alone weight 2kg almost I think :smiley:

Some raw ride footage from ride no. 6. Got about 50 kilometers on it now. Tried to show the steering assembly in action by Jobying the Gopro to my leg. Max speed about 31 kph. Just realized watching the video that I lost my air scoop. Need to print a new one and find a better way fasten it. It was only on with some hot glue. More video on the way.

9 Likes

Sounds fun… I both like and dislike the motor/vesc produces when speed is higher… :smiley:

Looks like u got some pretty good speed there :slight_smile:

On a side note… would u prefer if the steering mechanism ‘‘was slower’’ or it is good as it is?

I kind of like the steering as it is, probably just 'cause I’m used to it now. Not sure if by slower you mean tighter (more friction) or maybe a different geometry that is less responsive. It’s definitely functional and will probably improve as my riding gets better over time.

After riding it quite a bit, doesn’t seem like it’s necessary. Haven’t been jumping off curves with it. :grimacing: I find it’s hard to reposition feet once you get moving. Maybe with more practice…

2 Likes